how does the hbbtv work?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,053 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• hey guys,

How does this hbbtv plugin work - Ive flashed with the latest blackhole image and it says short press red for hbbtv but nothing come up on screen?

Does this only work for certain channels?

• on the VTi image (not tried the latest bh yet), the infobar has 'HBBTV' icon. whenever there is a channel where you can get HBBTV, this highlights green. When this happens, a red button press will bring up the fun!

Try browsing through some German channels - I can't tell you what channels work as I am now on an image that doesn't have this. Not too many channels have this, but there is a fair amount on the German channels especially.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Code
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Broadcast_Broadband_TV

Should give a rough idea where to expect to see HBBTV features, mainly French and German channels so far to date.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I tryed HbbTV from BlackHole 1.7.7 on german channels from 19,2 east, like ZDF Neo HD, ZDF Kultur HD, you can start with those because they are FTA.

• Tried to get it working , but it comes up with "HbbTV Browser not running please run browser before starting application"

Anyone know how to start the HbbTV browser.

Thanks

• I have also tried some of the free ones on both 19.2° east and 13° east and all was working fine, as mentioned the little hbbtv logo changes colour when on an active channel. As for the Button press i dont use the default keymap on Blackhole i just use multiquickbutton and assign which button i want where

• I have vu solo and vix imagev I can see hbbtv turning green but no extra function I have tried long press on red button but nothing happens ant ideas cheers
    Wwe

• I have vu solo and vix imagev I can see hbbtv turning green but no extra function I have tried long press on red button but nothing happens ant ideas cheers
    Wwe

I can only answer for Blackhole image and it works on that image, I am unsure if the Vix image supported hbbtv.

Wwe

I can only answer for Blackhole image and it works on that image, I am unsure if the Vix image supported hbbtv.

Hbbtv doesn't work on VIX image.

HbbTv support was added into the ViX images from builds 450 upwards, this is provided in the form of a plugin rather than going down the dubious route of releasing a HbbTv and light image. This is as a result now also available to ALL OE-Alliance teams as well.

Menu> Plugins> green button> extensions> hbbtv ( not the ones ending in -po or -src ).

also be aware that the solo has very little memory so HbbTv may not work at all on this receiver.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• HbbTv support was added into the ViX images from builds 450 upwards, this is provided in the form of a plugin rather than going down the dubious route of releasing a HbbTv and light image. This is as a result now also available to ALL OE-Alliance teams as well.

Menu> Plugins> green button> extensions> hbbtv ( not the ones ending in -po or -src ).

also be aware that the solo has very little memory so HbbTv may not work at all on this receiver.

Glad to see it working on other images nice feature the Plugin and i see the point of not having different images, But then again it has been available in Blackhole since august so other teams have had time to refine it so to speak.

• I have also tried some of the free ones on both 19.2° east and 13° east and all was working fine, as mentioned the little hbbtv logo changes colour when on an active channel. As for the Button press i dont use the default keymap on Blackhole i just use multiquickbutton and assign which button i want where

I have Solo2 with latest blackhole image. I have enabled hbbtv but I don't see hbbtv logo - where does that appear? Are there any channels on 28.2E I can try this with?

• I have Solo2 with latest blackhole image. I have enabled hbbtv but I don't see hbbtv logo - where does that appear? Are there any channels on 28.2E I can try this with?

you will only see the HbbTv logo when on a channel carrying a HbbTv feed, and no 28.2 east does not contain any, try 19.2 east or 13.0 east, mainly the german and french channels.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!