VU+ Solo : Installing 32GB usb Pendrive and using it as HDD [Blackhole 1.7.7]

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,382 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys,

I bought a 32 GB pendrive and am trying to install it on my vu+ solo.

I tried to install it by -

Menu --> TSpanel --> Tools-1 --> Device manager --> [I can see my usb drive here] --> Press yellow button to initialize --> Select "Label Format" as "predefined label" and "Format Type" as "ext3", click green button to start initialize. Once initialization is complete, the Device Manager screen id re-displayed. Click blue button to bring up "mount manager" --> Click green button to select "Setup mount points". Here, I tried selecting various mount points to get it to work - /media/hdd, /media/usb. Click green button to save and select "yes" to reboot.

After reboot, go to Menu --> TSpanel --> Tools-1 --> Device manager --> click blue button to select "mount manager" --> Click blue button to select "Mount". Here, I see the "Mount failed" message.

I searched the forum and found a couple of threads related to what I am trying to do, but following the instructions on them didn't resolve my situation.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

• Hello Bud,

Try mounting it without using Ts Panel,

BH 1.7.7 is able to mount the device for you, press the blue button twice,this takes you to the extra settings screen,select device manager,you should see your pendrive listed,select mount and this hould give you the option to set it as what you want to use it for, ie HDD.

When you have completed this should ask you to reboot the box,do this and then when you goto devoce manger again you should see it mounted as what you chose to use it for.

Give that a go,let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi McKee,

that worked like a charm!!!

Can you please tell where I can find a manual/user guide for blackhole? I want to know how where all the menus are hidden :-)

Thank you very very much.

• If only someone had published a manual/guide for Blackhole bud,would be so much easier!!! lol

But then where would the fun be in that, keep going with it the way your are buddy,trying things out & experimenting,remember when you have things the way you want them to make a backup of your image,Blackhole has a good backup tool installed in it,that way if you change do something wrong on the image you can just go back to when it was all good using your backup.

The best part of this hobby is the learning curve,can be steep at times but keep at it!

Just wait until you try a different image,all starts again!!!!

Enjoy your box!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Acccording to a very well known search engine about 90 minutes in 1080p or 360 minutes in 720p. Whether it's accurate or not i don't know.

fI7WHhv.png

• I only deleted because mine and Mckee's where way off bud!

Ive just looked and ive got SD 2 hours about 3gb in TS format

So SD would be about 20 hours!

Not sure about HD though bud? got to be 30 - 50% of this im sure?

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• ill have to get a pendrive then, could come in handy
    whats the biggest you can use or is there no limit as 64gb ones arent that expensive these days

• Everything about the image( buttons ,colours,etc is on the post where you got the image from...

• When you record something, it records the transport stream, so whatever format it is broadcast is what you will record as an exact capture, and it will record all the extra audio streams, subtitles etc. If streams were converted on the fly to a different format to what they are broadcast, then it would take up too much resources. If you wanted to shrink the recordings or change the format then there are tools to do this after you have made the recording.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi Guys,

I recorded some stuff overnight and I tried play it back a little while ago. While paying it back picture is getting "stuck" every few seconds :-( !! Could it be that it was recorded that way? Or could there be some problem reading it back?

Thank you.

• Hi Guys,

I recorded some stuff overnight and I tried play it back a little while ago. While paying it back picture is getting "stuck" every few seconds :-( !! Could it be that it was recorded that way? Or could there be some problem reading it back?

Thank you.

Thats likely as a result of the read / write speeds of the device you are using. as a general rule USB pens / sticks are the least favorable option for use with recordings due to their slow read / write speeds when compared to HDD's.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I tend to use the USB Drive for picons, swap and possibly permanent time shift, leaving the internal HDD for recording, leaving the internal HDD to sleep for the majority of occasions.

You could always record to a shared network location, if you don't have an internal HDD if you are struggling to record to the USB Drive.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!