new vu duo stuck on starting

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,970 times. The last Post () by warhead1999.

• hi all, brand new vu + duo fitted hard drive to it first then plugged it all in and its basically stuck on starting when i try and change image it wont read usb at all, tried all ports
    tried taking hdd out to see if that works and nothing, nothing comes up on screen just starting on the box itself

• If its the genuine article & its being setup for the first time, try flashing the lattest FPGA firmware first before putting a recent image file on.
    I'd use the rear usb port with nothing else connected and see how that go's.

• If its the genuine article & its being setup for the first time, try flashing the lattest FPGA firmware first before putting a recent image file on.
    I'd use the rear usb port with nothing else connected and see how that go's.

no thats not correct and quite possibly dangerous to the life of the receiver.

The FPGA upgrade is only for receivers with plug and play tuners ( Uno, Ultimo ). This is a firmware update specifically for the chip that controls the Tuner cards and can only be performed from within a active image.

Note to the OP.
    first tell us if it's a clone or original receiver so that we can better offer help.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• like i say it wont read usb, and ive tried differant usb sticks to rule out that aswell

you need to provide a little more info that that. for example what exactly is happening is there any thing on the VFD when you boot up the receiver ? or is it just dead ?.

The more information you can provide, the better the help you can be given.

• on the actual box display it says starting.... thats it, it just stays there
    could the hdd have affected it initially? if it was faulty

• hi, give more info , where shop from , haow mutch you pay ..ect with image have try it to put it , have you open the folder and format your usb shud have 2 folder vuplus and duo in your usb ...if you want help give more info tkyou

• ive done them before m8, so i know the procedure, i have given u all the info that i can, not sure which image would of been on it if any its from china

• was the HDD a 3.5" version as it's possible you may have overloaded the PSU by connecting a 3.5" HDD.

all i can really suggest is format a USB stick to FAT32 and try flashing the bootloader / image again ( obviously one with older drivers not a newer ViX or BH image with the new drivers ).

• yes it was 3.5, but ive fitted loads with 3.5 hard drives without problems

as a general rule i'd advise against using 3.5" HDD's with the newer clones coming out as they tend to have substantially weaker PSU's, especially when also used in-conjunction with a motor, the draw on the PSU can be enough to kill it or pop a cap at the very least.

• ok my friend the last advice is go to the special web for clone dowload the secret chip and the image from the same web and my advice desconet your hdd and try it i send you the web by pm for not broken the rulesw

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!