is there a problem with my device manager in black hole 1.7.6

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,276 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• prob worth trying a different image than blackhole to see if the problem goes away - you can always back up your existing image if you don't like the ones you try out.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

as i just tried to use BH 1.7.8

BH 1.7.8 is very heavy on the box ,I agree with sim0nw about the bh 1.7.6 ,which is why he suggested it ,,its the one I use on a regular basis too..
    As far as the box crashing ,,, this could be for a number of reasons which are all listed in the vu support threads.
    Suggestion ,try to learn to walk before you run.;
    for example ,backups have been made by users who have taken the time to make it easier for other users to not have to.( spend the hours)
    These backups have been tried and tested out by the makers ( and sometimes other users ) before they are released ..
    If anything goes wrong for another user its usually down to "accidently" altering it..

• No worries,, best way to learn + find things out is by trying them yourself,, read the other users posts to get a heads up on what has worked/works ,etc..
    there is even a post about favourite addon/plugins.. if you are interested... it´s all there..

• Unfortunately I wasn't even trying to install any plugin I just wanted to connect my HDD for recording and for the epg.

I think if it's possible I might have corrupted the device manager by the way I was connecting the HDD.

I don't think I turned the box off completely each time I connected and then disconnected the HDD. I def didn't mount and UNmount. If there is a sticky or guide for this pls let me know as I've looked and didn't see anything.

• Ok the way i would connect and mount any external device is :

With the box switched on,not in standby,

plug the usb plug of your device into a spare port on the box

press the blue button twice

select device manager

you should see your device listed,select it and press the red button to mount it.

select what you want to monut it as, ie HDD

It will as you to reboot the box,do this.

Once the box has rebooted go back into device manger and you should see your device mounted.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok what I was doing was this.

While on I would plug in the HDD, then I would go to initialize I didn't try and mount it.

I'm now using vix 3 amd have the HDD working correctly. However I have the HDD plugged into the front port and it is mounted. If I want to disconnect the HDD and plug it into the back USB port should I do the following.

Unmount the HDD

Turn off the box

Plug in HDD to back USB

Switch box back on

Mount HDD

Is there a need to mount a HDD if it's only being used to watch movies from it. If not is it safe to just plug in while the box is on and watch away

• sorry to bump this but im so concious of doing this correctly & not screewing my image up so can someone please check

I'm now using vix 3 amd have the HDD working correctly. However I have the HDD plugged into the front port and it is mounted. If I want to disconnect the HDD and plug it into the back USB port should I do the following.

Unmount the HDD

Turn off the box

Plug in HDD to back USB

Switch box back on

Mount HDD

Is there a need to mount a HDD if it's only being used to watch movies from it. If not is it safe to just plug in while the box is on and watch away

• Hi just wondering if your crashing problem when entering devise manager returned.
    I am running BH 1.7.6 on 3 Vu+ duo's and have the same problem intermittently. It appears more frequently with BH 1.7.9

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!