is there a problem with my device manager in black hole 1.7.6

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,195 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• Ive only recently got my 1st solo whcih is running BH 1.7.6

im starting to wonder whether there is an issue with my device manager.

too many times when i go into it to check the USB or HDD that are connected to the box, its crashes.

again yesterday i had my HDD plugged into the front USB port & it was working fine.

put box on standby, unplugged HDD & plugged into rear USB port

turned box back on.

box then does not see HDD

I rebooted the box via the menu & still cant see HDD

went to device manager to see if HDD had been mounted & it crashes.

too often when i go into device manager i am getting this

at the moment i have no HDD connected as the box is not seeing the HDD which only yesterday was fine.

any ideas

• guys thanks for this
    i was not sure what the best method was in terms of unplugiing the HDD
    i didnt know that turning the box off at the mains is the best thing which i am happy to do.
    in order to do this is it ok to put it on standby & then turn off at the mains or should i shutdown & then turn off at the mains?

can i also use the hard reset option in the BH shutdown menu as above?

• oh ok i thought i would screw teh box up if i just turned it off like that

i usually turn all my appliances off at night but have been leaving the box on as i thought its best practice to leave it constantly on.
    is that correct or can i switch it off every night?

• u can switch it off every night if you wish - just bare in mind if you set any late night recording youll need to keep box on.

My misus does the same thing - ive only just manged to get to stop switch the sockt off in livingroom lol

• Thanks I had the schedhuel set for 8am anyway.

i just wasnt sure that if i turned the box off completely does it lose the config

i will try that & see

• NO ,it wont lose the config.. but if you are sharing you will most definitely lose peers if you turn the box off every night..
    if you leave it in standby it will consume minimum energy ,working away in background with downloading /updating epg, etc
    so you dont have to do it manually while trying to watch TV..
    you can easily setup cron to restart then standby during the A.M.

• Ok bad news I tried what was suggested and to hard reset turn off the box, plug the drive back in and restart but still getting same issues
    Drive will not initialize stating error creating partition
    When trying to use USB format it says permission denied when trying to create the partition bit before it formats the drive.

Have now disconnect drive partitioned it on pc again as fat32 and tried to plug it back in, restarting etc and again nothing on rear port.

A.m. currently trying to do this again using the front USB port.

There must be something obvious I'm not doing, it can't be this hard to get a HDD set up to use for recording

• 5Just tried a hard reset via the menu. The box crashed

Is my image looking like it's corrupt or a problem with the box.

I'm using 2.5 inch non powered HDD drives will this matter

• Official Post

Have now disconnect drive partitioned it on pc again as fat32 and tried to plug it back in, restarting etc and again nothing on rear port.

If you initialze the HDD in the Vu+ it will not be compatable with a windows machine unless you format it...

If you format the HDD in windows you will have to initialze it again in the Vu+ to linux so you can record etc...

Best if you can keep the HDD connected to the Vu+, it will save alot of hassle...

You only need to initialize the HDD once so its recognized by the Vu+ in linux format, after that only mountpoints will need setup no matter which image you use...

• Hmmm I've only just got the box and would not know what I needed to do if I were to flash it.

I can't mount the HDD as I can not get into device manager it just crashes every time I try

• Disconnect the HDD and hard reset from the image menu, once the image has loaded connect the HDD and reboot, then setup mountpoints and reboot again...

Didn't work hard reset crashes box tried with powered HDD and same results

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!