is there a problem with my device manager in black hole 1.7.6

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,263 times. The last Post () by bartjunited.

• I believe there is a 1.7.7 image but dunno where to get it, em I need to back up anything before I do it I have a favourite tv list that I created

• not taken the plunge yet to reflash

noticed something odd whihc may account for the issues with the box trying to create a partition

when i go to media player i see

internal flash
    storage device
    storage device (partition 5)

dont know what the storage device partition 5 refers to, almost as if its retain some legacy info from a previous attempt at partitioning a hard drive or a recording

any ideas

• Guys need some help again as this issue has come back.

I just installed Bh1.7.8 to solve the issues I was having.

After installing I was able to go into device manager, and then set up mountpoints. Tested recording and that worked great too.

Later that evening I went to install somesplugins and after installing them I did 2 things I did a restart GUI amd then did a hard reset both from the menu. Neither of these brought up the plugin so I posted a question about them last night.

Today I've tried to record and getting same errors as before.
    No HDD found
    When trying to initialize HDD get error creating partition.
    When going into device manager now it crashes and reboots.
    When trying to use USB format wizard I get permission denied and it doesn't create the partitions.

What have I done wrong.

When doing a hard reset should I have unplugged the HDD first.

Your help is much appreciated

Bart

• try this.

Turn off your receiver, remove all your USB devices, then turn on again, and let it boot up.

Turn off your receiver again, then insert your hard drve, then turn on.

Go to device manager and see if it lets you set up the device.

Ensure you are mounting it to HDD not as USB

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Disconnect the HDD and hard reset from the image menu, once the image has loaded connect the HDD and reboot, then setup mountpoints and reboot again...

Thanks I'll try that
    Couple of questions.

When turning off do you mean from the mains rather than just standby.

When trying to mount I'm just going into device manager and trying to mount so didn't know if it's possible to mount to USB over HDD

I think I did try this earlier but happy to try again.

Could I have got the box in a mess by leaving the HDD connected while doing a hard reset from the menu

• Yes - turn off means turn off - standby means standbybeer10

The Image I am using (ViX) - allows me to choose various mountpoints for each device, so I can if I want choose to set a HDD as USB and vice versa - again not sure about BH as I haven't used it for a couple of months. You ideally should mount a HDD as HDD - usually the HDD will show as /dev/sda1 and should be mounted as /media/hdd

Hard reset from the menu should cause no issues, but I have had problems in the past with mapping where removing and re inserting devices creates extra entries in /dev - and rebooting without any devices in was an easy way I found to clear the entries that were false.

• Disconnect the HDD and hard reset from the image menu, once the image has loaded connect the HDD and reboot, then setup mountpoints and reboot again...

Tenbelow thanks for the advice, it assures me that I'm not going nuts.

Being a noob I assume that flashing and then setting up the box using a vix image is the same as a bh image.

If I were to do that which image would you recommend. I got my box with the Bh image so don't know any different

• why dont you try out one the fantastic new range of BACKUPS ,
    ,they have everything already setup so you dont have to,,then once you feel comfortable with using the remote control, FTP,TELNET,
    then you can try out all the images to see which suits you best,,,images are of personal taste so each one has their own..
    flashing is the same for all images ..
    you can read that in so many numerous posts already written and answered in this vu+ support section

• ok now im even more confused :-)

what do you mean by BACKUPS?

i thought every image has to be installed?

sorry send me to a guide or FAQ & ill read up, this is my 1st sat box which is why Ive so many questions

support on here is very good

• Support on here is very good - but considering the amount of questions that have been asked, questions that have been answered, and with plenty of guides and tutorials posted, we thought that the search tool at the top right hand of the forum (the white bit on the orange bar near the top with the magnifying glass next to it) would be a good idea, so was employed from day one to save answering the same questions over and over again. Try using it - it has taught me all I know!

• the "guide" is in where we are now and in the vu tutorial section
    and the backups are in backup images sectiopn of each model.
    in YOUR case teh SOLO so why not try this one freshly baked out of the oven by TEN BELOW ,,
    if you come across any problems with this image ,ten below will be delighted to help you..
    remember to read everything on the post before you go ahead ;)

• Backups are for example say I loaded my image set it up with all my nessary plugins, I can then do a full backup and post it on here and you could download load it onto your box with all the plugins etc already installed so you dont have to do all the plugin installs and things like that

Its the easy way out of learning how to install plugins and load cccam etc etc

• Thanks again

For a lot of my questions I have tried to search but not found answers, maybe I'm using the wrong search criteria

Thanks for your patience

• write this ::::: vu solo backup images
    into the searchbar and it will give you an idea of how the searchbar works.
    The searchbar works with key words ,,the more specific you are ,the better the results.. try it.

• Hi I tried the above

The receiver had the HDD plugged in from last night but the box was switched off overnight.

So I removed the HDD and turned on the box.

I let it boot and then turned it off again.

Then inserted HDD and let it boot.

Went to device manager and......it crashed

Shit now what.

Should I start again and flash the box again.

I've just grabbed the vix and bh image back ups that ten below created, should I give them a go.

This is doing my head in, all I wanna do is be able to record some stuff :(:(:(

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!