Need a new router!

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 374 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a new router for me?

Currently using a netgear DGN2000 but ive had enough of it, for some reason I think its on its last legs as today watching the footy and it seems my router locked up and lost the signal to my box.

had to reset my router just to get the signal channel going again, been doing this a lot lately so I guess the router is starting to pack up, getting lots of glitches too and I only share to 5 boxes, 4 in my house and 1 to my dad!

so can anyone recommend a good router and what the minimum requirements are for card sharing in a router?

Many THanks

• The DGN2000 is an ADSL2+ modem / router combi-device isn't it... ?

To replace it, you need a device with the same combi-functionality, or get a seperate modem and connect a new router-only device to it..

--

I would recommend a router that is compatible with the DDWRT firmware. I use a Cisco E4200, very stable, high throughput, great wireless.
    Also i have good experience with the Netgear WNDR3700.

Hope this helps!

• I bought a router from second handshop for a fiver and flashed it with DD WRT and it now is a better router than some at a significantly higher price.

You might want to lookup how to do a hard reset and reflash the one you currently have before completely giving up on it, but nothing lasts for ever :)

A word of advice, if you are going to flash a replacement with the DD WRT Firmware, check the installation instructions, some are a lot easier to flash than others.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!