my vu is brick help me please

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,005 times. The last Post () by deenass.

• hi everybody, firstable sorry for my english, im french,ive aa big problem ,my vu dont restart, only the red light is on...i plugged it on whith the rs232 and tryed to use

1: Vu+ util and the result

1 Extract the image
    2 Enter into the CFE mode...and thit stopped a 20%

2: I Ttried puttytel ..
    in the config i choose seriel, 115200 when i click on open, a black sreen appear and nothing happens i cant write in....

.: i tried to flash it whith a VTi ilmage in my usb stick in fat 32... i plug it on the Vu restart it, and nothig happen just the red light.....

3: I tried to change the boot whith duo_cfe_3_0_usb on my usb stick.. nothing happen the stick seems to not be read....
    i herd i need a 232 board??? if its the cas e somebodys knows where i can find one please

if somebody coul help me please....
    thank a lot

• Hmm..

First make an introductional post here
    After that, you may read the info below, and make any further posts ;-)

--

If your serial communication is down, this sounds like a bricked box..

Look at this vu+ flash manual, until what step can you follow this ?

FAQ_Vu_Util.rar

Also, i know there are known problems with a capacitor on the board.

Read this thread for more information:

Code
    http://openpli.org/forums/topic/21682-bricked-box-vu-duo-please-help-if-you-can/
  • salut deenass je tais envoyer un pm, ok hope you solted .

• thanks capNcook, its done i introduced myself in the right section......

branches thanks for your hels unfortunatly i cant send you private mess for the moment i need 10 posts i think so it ok if you want help me whith my vu

• Right lets start from the beginning and check a few things!

Is this a Clone or Original? New out of box or old used?

Did it come with the 9pin cable and rs232 board with 9 pin connectors either end?

Did it have an image on it already if so what?

If a clone do you have a sticker on it saying 'download software from here only' something like that?

When you say you update the duo_cfe file....did it say 'reading usb' on Duo? it updates in seconds so may flash up quick?

If its a clone have you tried putting an image pre-driver update

Have a look here for info on which image is ok for clones

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…ew-vu-drivers-clones.html

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• thanks too mrgmx.... the guy toldme it was an original so i dont think so...
    in the box there was just a rs232 cable and no rs232 board
    there is a sticker "warnig dont update from other place......." i ont know if there was an image before the problem ...
    when i tried to update the duo_cfe file, i had any message on the screen of the vu, always this damned red light!!

• prob prob i have friend with same prob,go in this web and dowload secret ... is 3 folder and try it tu download to your vu if he take it i think is ok.

bon voila tu vas sur ce site et tu recherche vuduo secret tu l installe 3 3 archive et apres une image pour ton vuduo du meme site bon courage.

good loock

• i cant find vudosecret, is it the file named brick vu duo whith 2 videos and sofs like duoboot UpdateAllFlash or renew duo 020229 secupd11230??? if its this soft, i tried it and nothing happened

• somebody can tell me where i can find a rs232 board please? before to use a jta i would like to see if i can repair it whith a soft

• Be aware that cheap RS232 boards doesnt support the full rs232 spec..
    I had many problems because of that.

After a long search earlier, these are perfect.. Fully Compliant and a breeze to install.

Code
    [URL='http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBRS232.htm']USB RS232 Cables[/URL]
  • excuse me caPNcook , i dont understant..you say that this cable can be used like a rs232 board?? the link you give presents different cable whith one i have to choose please

• you say that this cable can be used like a rs232 board

Yeah, its not just a cable.. It has a microchip in the holder.

Just plug it in, install the driver and you get a fully functional COM1 port.

They are all the same, cable length and voltage output (not needed in most cases) differ.

• Yeah...

The cheapest one without voltage output as i don't think it's required (someone plz confirm)
    is the USB-RS232-WE-1800-BT_0.0

But you need to be sure that the voltage output isn't required.

• so i can buy the shippest one?? :)
    sorry a little question please again
    rs232 ans null modem is the same thing??

No.. The portname is RS232 or COM-port, or Serial port. (all the same)

You can connect the RS232 through a "Serial" or "Nulmodem" cable. (wiring differ, plug is the same).

Check your device specs to see what's needed.

• thanks a lot for your help, i just find this cable in my cupbord, i gonna try to find the drivers to install it and il tell you, to know what to do whith it , i it dont bother you

• ok i ve found this cable , install the drivers, its a HL 340, i tried to secupd111230 from vusecret so nothing happen grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    it seems to comunicate i goona try to flash it whith Vu+ Util so i need a Nfi image isnt it???v

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!