OpenBox S16 & NewCamd

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,051 times. The last Post () by travisnj.

• :angry:

Cannot get NewCamd to work on OpenBox S16 and on S3606H-1.0.0 (9/14)

On any FW I install, NewCamd does not work..

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• Do you install this firm: http://linuxsat-support.com/op…g-v-2-7-15-07-2012-a.html

NewCamd tested with this "special" firm ------> http://linuxsat-support.com/op…nbox-s16-please-read.html

Be careful and read the thread.

• Yes. Tried and HATE THE FW...

I absolutely LOVED MY S9....

I'm sending this P.O.S. back to the merchant and ordering my BELOVED S9HD again!!

I really liked the picture quality and footprint.. I think it has great potential if they can get their act together and support it.. As of right now it is a great box POTENTIAL and that is all...

Very sad to see such a great box goto the dustbin...

• Every week people seem to be having problems with these S16's?

By the looks of them they don't look much different to the Openbox X3 and 5kybox F3's!

I think people should place there bets there if they need/have to get a Open/5kybox tbh.....better support and less problems to date!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I would say that the OpenBox series are just that, an Open Ali chipset for anyone to manufacture and put out.... I am impressed with years of service from my Ali3602 (OpenBox S9HD)... I have found a Ali3602A and carefully watched videos with the chipset and almost exactly the same setup and options, etc. and a revision helped in bringing new features...

So, in my opinion I believe that the Ali3606C chipset has great potential but the FW must be completely dropped from the disaster it IS today into the features that have made 3602 be so successful. IMHO...

• I would say that the OpenBox series are just that, an Open Ali chipset for anyone to manufacture and put out.... I am impressed with years of service from my Ali3602 (OpenBox S9HD)... I have found a Ali3602A and carefully watched videos with the chipset and almost exactly the same setup and options, etc. and a revision helped in bringing new features...

So, in my opinion I believe that the Ali3606C chipset has great potential but the FW must be completely dropped from the disaster it IS today into the features that have made 3602 be so successful. IMHO...

Do you try this:

http://linuxsat-support.com/op…box-s16-26-09-2012-a.html

• No, this is OPENBOX-S16_0914.... I have already tried OPENBOX-S16_0915.... I will back up userdb (I have a motorized BUD and is a nightmare with S16 for motorized..Menu's are broken and non-functional..)

I wish their dev's visited this forum so I could make bug reports..

Im going to try and report back but from what I can tell, NewCamd is NON-WORKING according to my seller from the manufacture... CCcam is working okay but not NewCamd...

Thank you for your assistance

***Updated****

That is named wrong.. OPENBOX-S16_0914 when it is the same OPENBOX-S16_0915 file made on 9/28 @ 8:58AM

So, yes, that is the current FW I have loaded which is the latest that I have been able to locate.

I will be watching the S16 FW thread for updates.

• As of right now; I am confused about how they are proceeding with FW versions.

So, i am going to try to help everyone to be on the same page.

1. FW releases had been released with the 2.2, 2.7, 2.8, 2.8.1, 2.11 sequence
    2. FW releases have also been released OPENBOX-S16_091xxxxxxxxxxxxxx sequence; As of today there are two on this forum.

OPENBOX-S16_0914.rar and OPENBOX-S16_0915.rar ~~ Both when opened have the same *.abs file in the rar and made on 9/28 @ 8:58AM

3. FW releases of OPENBOX-S16_091xxxxxxxxxxxxxx have been made and released in month of September 2012
    4. FW releases of OPENBOX-S16_091xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Show 2012-9-14 as the MainCode date
    5. FW releases of OPENBOX-S16_091xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Show in Information and 11111 = S/W - S3606H-1.0.0.0(2012-9-14)

I am on S/W - S3606H-1.0.0.0(2012-9-14) - At this time NewCamd, DHCP, Motorized all DO NOT WORK

I hope this provides clarity for translation to Chinese and for those whom are tracking to have a firm idea of what and where we are on what FW..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!