share a 2nd card? advice/help needed

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 751 times. The last Post () by englishinsiam.

• hey guys, i have got my server up and running, and all is well. i am sharing with less than 10 people. 5 of those being family members.

my cousin (who i gave extra shares 2) shares with a couple of his friends.

he has come round tonight and asked me why i cant get him irish setanta, after having a slight pop at him for being ungrateful he announced that he and his friends are going to get a 12 month prepaid card, and would i be able to put on the server. i have a few questions regarding this.

1. i am running cccam 2.1.3 and oscam on linux server with omnikey > would i have to buy a second reader? and how would i go about setting it up?

2. would it be possible for him to use his dreambox as the server for the card > and send my server a N:line, so i can further share?

sorry for the questions, i am still a noob but if i can read/share a second card i will, just after the b
    advice on the best way to go about it.

• He/They don't want much do they! lol

Yes it is all possible,

If you where going to host the card and connect it to your server you would need a second card reader

You would set the 2nd card (setanta) up as a second [reader] in your Oscam.Server file or from within Oscam WebIf - Using Setanta Configs
    Where your first [reader] is set to Group = 1, the 2nd [reader] would be Group = 2 if you had a 3rd Group = 3 e.t.c

No i can only speak for sharing through Oscam only as i wouldn't want to mislead, but with each user you assign the Group they can access so therfore
    your cousin and his friends would be assigned Group = 1,2 (which would allow them or any user you set like this to see Group 1 (5ly) and Group 2 (Setanta)

This will have Setanta setup and being read in Oscam - To share through CCcam someone please ADD

In answer to your second question!

Yes, the easiest thing to do would be install Oscam and/or Cccam either manually or with a backup image with those cams already installed!
    Then share from there to your server and allow reshare so you can share out!

Just bear in mind.....his DM goes down - No sharing for everyone- Changes his image - needs to be set up - Goes on holiday? No Internet e.t.c you get the jist so setting it up on your server probably best!

Decide how your going to do it.....look for the configs.....give it a try and post back if any problems!

Next Your Cousin will say he wants USA Tv or something lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• thanks for that, have told him its possible and i will set up once the card arrives, but he may need to bear with me lol, plus i will get the 3pm games for my troubles lol,

cheers

• lucky he is not my cousin, would of told him to do one, and cut him off

normally i would, if it was anybody else on my shares they would only receive a ''scrambled'' message lol.

but i need to be fair with him, he shared with me years ago, gave me a box, no charge, and lots of channels. but he served from his dreambox and was put off when it started to glitch.......... i owe it to him why i got into this hobby. on the plus side......... if him and his friends want setanta they can have it. least i aint gotta pay. more of a rugby man myself :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!