Oscam server setup guide - Raspberry Pi from scratch.

There are 101 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 101,396 times. The last Post () by testowy.

• If you follow this tutorial your in should be in var/local, for oscam to start you should do this sudo nano /etc/rc.local and add at the end before exit 0: /var/local/oscam &

To save it Ctrl and x, Y and enter, this way oscam should stat on boot.

• the main thing is the script, where there are the commands to start oscam /etc/init.d/oscam.sh (chmod 755)

adjust your path /home/madatther/OScam/
    the best thing is to insert both configuration files that bin file in same folder /home/madatther/OScam/

together we grow - ferdi

• If you follow this tutorial your in should be in var/local, for oscam to start you should do this sudo nano /etc/rc.local and add at the end before exit 0: /var/local/oscam &

To save it Ctrl and x, Y and enter, this way oscam should stat on boot.

Is it better to use sumo nan or via windup?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• For anyone else who has problems with the PI. Using the very latest build of Wheezy led to network freezes and only way to restart was power down. These could be 30 minutes to an hour and were erratic so no way of knowing.

In the end used wheezy build I first build from last year and touch wood everything is fine now.

• can anyone tell me how to update this part of the tuto?
    apt-get -y install libusb-1.0-0-dev nano
    &
    ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libusb-1.0.a /usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.a
    to work with the latest libusb-1.0.9
    thanks
    foz

does it need the latest 1.0.9?
    would this grab the latest packages:- apt-get install libusb-dev

Edited once, last by foz ().

• Any built this on the PI2 as 5:45 reboot is not happening, any ideas for a fix?

- - - Updated - - -

did you find the answer to this Foz?

• Oscam is working but the reboot is not.

I gave up in the end as doing my head in reading all the sites:34_002:

Friend who is more knowledgeable about linux said cron had been changed and as I have a RP2 put it down to that.

Just rebuilt everything again and see what happens now.

• - sudo su
    - crontab -e

Code
    56 5 * * * /sbin/reboot

In example above system will reboot every day at 5:56

Code
    # Minute   Hour   Day of Month       Month          Day of Week        Command    
    # (0-59)  (0-23)     (1-31)    (1-12 or Jan-Dec)  (0-6 or Sun-Sat)                
        56      5           *          *                  *                /sbin/reboot

together we grow - ferdi

• is it possible to run Raspberry in client mode with an smart card emu(rs232 or usb) interface hooked up directly to the cam on the back of the tv?
    its viaccess encryption

• Are you saying that you have a cam viaccess on tv, I suppose that cam is working

how your card is working on TV, there is oscam installed ?

In this case you can put card on raspberry and configure TV as oscam client

I don't think it's possible the other way

together we grow - ferdi

• yes i have an Samsung Smart TV with a CAM slot in the back and an viaccess module, i have an subscription to my local Digital provider

dont really want to buy a new Digital reciever, cause then i get 2 remotes to find every time i wanna watch TV... :)
    want to share my own card to 2 other rooms in the house.

and because i allready have an raspberry pi and an season rs232 emulator/interface , and an card reader..

first device: raspberry Pi with Oscam server and card reader

second/third device: raspberry pi with some sort of client software??? and an season interface serial connection to Pi.

has this been done anyone???

• - put your card on raspberry , configure rasp as oscam server
    - install oscam on Samsung TV (series E - F), configure it as client
    - install oscam on other decoders that you have in the rooms, configure them as client

I hope this help :hello:

together we grow - ferdi

Edited once, last by ferdi ().

• Musogeek - thanks! It works a treat and first time too! I have started using my oscam with cachex as well and it is certainly making it much quicker on channel changes as well.
    Thanks again :78:

• Hi all

I have a problem with my oscam after restart.
    After 5min it stops reading the card:
    (reader) Reader-0 [conax] usb bulk write failed : ret = -12015/09/15 05:30:10 5B86F672 r (reader) Reader-0 [conax] usb bulk write failed : ret = -12015/09/15 05:30:10 403C6A37
    This is for both readers and if I restart it all is well again.
    Have someone got the same problem ?

Thanks in aedvance for your help

Best regards

• To add reboot to /etc/crontab

41 4 * * 1 root /sbin/shutdown -r now #Restart weekly on Monday 04:41am

This also helps
    reboot root /var/local/oscam & #Oscam start on boot

Also with the latest versions of wheezy etc to change network to static you need to edit:

/etc/dhcpcd.conf

Add lines at the bottom

interface eth0
    inform 192.168.1.101
    static routers=192.168.1.234

**** where "inform" is the IP you want and "static routers" is your gateway

They changed the way the networking is configured (made it much more unnecessarily complicated for no reason at all)

Edited 2 times, last by Cameltoe ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!