Alien 2 Spark channel not working ( followed dak@uk guide)

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,053 times. The last Post () by Matjill.

• I have followed dak@uk step by step guides but my alien2 is still not working -I am a neewbies and have bben reading posts and tutorial etc, going back to the guide Step1 done I downloaded the plugins. when I press menu in spark it takes me into plugin, I get a full list emu and oscam is listed as well as others.
    Step 2 I converted my N line to oscam format which is saved on to the existing oscam.server file.
    Step 3 ftp to the box var/root/plugin/var/keys found oscam.server and copied the converted line onto this file and saved. made sure the permission is set to 755
    Step 4 back into plugin menu and highlight the oscam to green rebooted and still the same no channels
    any idea where I'm going wrong?

• NO , I don´t think its a dumb question.
    its not that nobody can be "bothered" to respond to,it´s more than likely because few users have this stb and have not been on or have not read and therefore not responded.
    take your example....: you are registered since April yet have only posted 14 times,2 which are accounted for here in this thread...
    so continue to find the fault yourself while you wait and see if anyone with knowledge of this stb can help you.

• Yes Guilty as charged I have been a member since April but not really been into anything and certainly didn't have enough knowledge to answer any questions, I take your point I will carry on and as soon as I resolve it will report back.

• Finally sorted got spark working I think the guide needs to be revised as it certainly wasn't comprehensive enough for a neewbie like me,that said many thanks for the work done by dak@uk at least the basics were explained.
    so I spent the best part of two days on and off to get it to work.

• Any chance of sharing with me and everybody else what you did please, I am stuck myself with this box so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Any chance of sharing with me and everybody else what you did please, I am stuck myself with this box so any help would be greatly appreciated.

how much of the guide have you followed and what part dont you understand

• Hi Matjill , if you could be so kind enough to take the time and give a full rundown of your steps please .
    it would obviously be well recieved here by many I think...
    and fair play to you getting there ,,where there´s a box there´s a way ;)

• I will do that in the morning as my few brain cell are run down and they need charging I'll try and explain how I got it going

• how much of the guide have you followed and what part dont you understand

I can not get past the first step as when I put the usb stick into the back of the box nothing seems to be happening, it is formatted to fat32 and it is a kingston usb, on the front panel of the box there is like a spinning CD and above that it says timeshift and there is also a usb symbol there, but nothing appears on the screen to update and there is only calculate in the plugins, can you offer any help?

• I can not get past the first step as when I put the usb stick into the back of the box nothing seems to be happening, it is formatted to fat32 and it is a kingston usb, on the front panel of the box there is like a spinning CD and above that it says timeshift and there is also a usb symbol there, but nothing appears on the screen to update and there is only calculate in the plugins, can you offer any help?

Take your usb stick plug into your pc. When your pc recognises the stick as a drive, click on start select computer the right click on your memory stick drive select Format and unclick quick Format select Fat32 at 4096 byte and then click format,nice and slow when done remove stick by doing right click and choose the Eject option when it tell you safe to remove harware take it out. Then reinsert and copy your plugin folder when done eject and place in the Amiko front usb port, switch off then a few seconds later switch on let it boot up in Spark wait till you get the channels then insert the usb in the front panel if your memory stick has a led it should start to flash showing the it doing something on the tv screen in the top left corner you will see a icon of a disk with a maginfing glass going round and round then a caption cox will appear in the middle of the screen saying "Do you want to upgrade plug in?2 select yes let it load then the box will reboot itself take out the stick and after book up select Menu and then plug in and the emu should be where calculate is, if this does not work then I sugest that go into menu then select Spark and then click on update and select spark_1.2.58 Europe press the red key and reinstall the sysytem and try the above steps again, if this fails the i would ftp to the box and load the plug in by selecting root/plugin/var/bin and copy all the plugin into this bin folder. I hope this helps

• Matjill Thanks for the reply believe it or not I have done exactly what you have suggested and still no joy, I do see the icon with the magnifying glass going round it but I get no other message on screen, also I have the spark up to date with 1.2.58 Europe, I will try the FTP option soon and let you know how I get on, thanks again for the reply.

• I've just writen my experience on getting the box up and running in the support section under the heading "Help needed setting up alien2 twin tuner" hope it make sense

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!