Poll - Best Image For DM500

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,903 times. The last Post () by wabbit.

• It didn't even occur to me to leave the Eagle image on when my box cam. I just assumed it would be no good.
    Maybe i'll have a look at it one day.

• Open Pli for me
    I have tried many images on my box...most have crashed at some point while trying plugins or just configuring (some of the times it could have been user error on my part as I was a newbie...who knows)
    I even had Pli Jade 3 crash, but not the open Pli image ever
    A word on the gemini image. Most will know not to use after 4.2 with a clone box...I have tried the non bomb versions and had transponder time issues with all (I live in UK and it wouldn't sync to our time)
    Nabilosat have many different flavours, but didn't have much of a choice for epg and crashed quite often...it seems to be popular for the skins...I liked the feature of an extra light bar with realtime cccam connection info
    Eagle was pretty solid but plain
    Everybody wants their own thing from the image and some have what you want while others don't...or you may find features in different images that you like, but not all in one
    While I have opted for the open Pli image in my vote...I think the gemini image is the easiest to use for newbies and the menu system is simpler, but the nabilosat go more for the looks and styles

Make the vote on your own opinions and not what I have said

• I have had nabilo which was ok, iv had jade pli but had major crashing issues so tried geminin non bomb 470 and works like a dream, so take of my imput as you wish!!

Mutz

ohhhh i had sif team as well and that started crashing to grrrrrrrrrr

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• would have to agree with es above . most definately nabilo maxvar image

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Well my vote goes to the PLI jade3 with the X LINE skin.

A quick note on the gemini images.

It would be a cold day in hell before i ever use a gemini image, the ihad team hid behind dream multimedia at the time of the bombings claiming they had nowt to do with it.

6 months later they sent out an e mail saying what a great year they have been having and how they killed the clones.....C...U....N.....75

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

• well said a of aj . would never touch gemini ever again sneaky bastar$s

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Official Post

PLI Images for me, rock solid with great epg.

I take this back although i cannot vote again in this poll,but if i could then i would. Today i decided to give this image a try on my kids dm500.

Commando Neutrino 14.4 for DM500s

There is no Enigma1 image that comes close, for any uk based user starting out this is the one for you, forget the plugins required with other images this has everything you need & runs straight after flashing.
    Hats off to LraiZer,PaphosAL & the rest of the team involved, this is a masterpiece.

Read the full image post for how to install, i would be surprised if any UK user disagrees with this.

• I have to say that for me the best image by far is the Commando Image, unfortunately like most I voted before I tried them all, lol.. I love the way that you don’t have to press a load of buttons to get into different bouquets, you just use the left and right (Volume keys) to select between Sports, Entertainment, Movies etc.. Its very user friendly & if you customise it to your needs I can nearly guarantee that you won’t use any other image. There are a load of Commando Images out there but the one I use is:

http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…m500-release-renwich.html

I Tried the Commando 14.6 image but I found a lot of problems with it including:

1.. Regular Freezing
    2.. Network DHCP issues
    3.. Every time I tried to load the 14.6 image through DCC telnet it failed & I ended up having to use null modem cable to re load the image which proved to be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I have 4x DM500’s running Commando 14.5 DM500 Release by renwich above & there are no problems to report.. Great image & well done to the creator’s.. I should add that I made a quiet a few changes to get it to work just right for my needs, installing cccam, Turning off epg loading at start up & changing around the channel categories for example but it was well worth it because it is a great image & in my opinion Commando 14.5 gets the most out of the limited hardware in the DM500.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!