How do I back up to USB flash drive

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,384 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I want to do a full & personal backup

It's got black hole 1.7.8 installed

Not sure what to do next do I format the USB drive in computer first to format it fat 32 or ntfs

Or does the vu duo box does it all

And I read somewhere the flash drive has to be mounted ?

Could somebody point me in the right direction or link Or a detailed how to

A idiots guide from the beginning

Thanks Colin

• It's always a good idea to format the usb drive to fat32 before you use it with your duo.

When you plug it into the duo you will need to mount it,to do this press the blue button on your remote,then press it again,you will see the option for device manager,select this,you should see your usb listed,select mountpoints,mount it as "mediausb" if you have done this correctly it will ask you to restart the box,select yes.

When the duo restarts your usb drive should now be mounted.

I have attached a ipk file for a add on that will allow you to make a full backup onto either a HDD or a Usb,it is called Backupsuite.
    To install it ftp the ipk file to the "temp" folder on your duo,when you have done this press the green button then the yellow button on your remote,select from the list install manual ipk,this will install the addon for you,when that has completed restart the gui.

When the duo has restarted press the green button,this will show you the addons installed on your box,you should see backupsuite.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Tried that didn't work. Used my dream toolbox to format to fat32

I have done this several times also changed volume label as mediausb in the format tool

Also tried formatting in the vu duo with the same effect

Mounted drive after I go in to bh backup it only lists my hdd

• master G

Removed the Label BackupSuite

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!