CCcam.cfg Problems - Herlp!

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,717 times. The last Post () by cpo312.

• Hi guys.
    I had just finished setting up a dreambox dm500s receiver. I connected to the network and DCC. I tried to get to CCcam.cfg by Ftp/var/etc but I noticed that there is no CCcam.cfg file to edit. When I ftp/var/bin I get:

Inadyn_script.sh
    openvpn_script.sh
    start CAM.

On the Blue - Panel in my Dreambox it shows that I have CCcam 2.1.2 as default CAM. I can get all my freeview channels. But the next step, CCcam.cfg is the major problem. Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here.

• When you say cccam.cfg you actually mean that you have cccam installed (I think). Did you install the full cccam or just the bin file?

If its just the bin download cccam full, or send a CCcam.cfg across.
    #
    Rich.

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

• You can always download a program such as cam-editor (google) and that will allow you to send a blank as well as managing C and F lines.

• I did not install CCcam myself because after flashing and setting up the box, I connected to the tv and in the blue panel of the dreambox it says Default CAM = CCcam 2.1.2 so I thought it is already there. Maybe I need to install CCcam which I have never done before. Pls. advice

• Depending on the Image, you can normally add a new cam via the addons menu (plugins, addons), but to be honest all you need is a text editor make a new text file, with a F and or a C line in it and "save as" CCcam.cfg

Rich.

• hi cpo
    Some cccam downloads come with the config while others don't.
    have a read here.. http://linuxsat-shares.com/vu-…-missing-config-file.html

gaz

Just had a read of the link gaz posted, its all there, and also a blank CCcam.cfg

http://linuxsat-shares.com/too…cam-cfg-file-newbies.html

Love the site member for helping others, but also checking out the advice given is useful.

Rich.

• I think its yellow button ,yellow button dowmloads and move to cccam which you want and select and confirm,
    use dcc and ftp over to say a usb stick the you can edit your cfg in this and save it then ftp back to 500s {i think its in var,,,etc,,the cfg}
    this may help

• Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the advice and suggestions so far. I have all the tuts. shown and downloaded the CCcam.cfg files by Ten Below and master G and I will tell you it is not easy getting the hang of this thing. Do I flash the box with a different image and start all over afresh by installing a new CCcam.cfg or what? If so do I install the new CCcam with the remote in the blue panel? Thanks

• FTP using :-
    An FTP program
    or using the capabilities inside DCC, or using a config editing program like those mentioned and

Send across the cccam.cfg and send into /var/etc on receiver.

Then either restart the cam via sub menu or reboot the box via the remote from the menu.

Rich

• Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the advice and suggestions so far. I have all the tuts. shown and downloaded the CCcam.cfg files by Ten Below and master G and I will tell you it is not easy getting the hang of this thing. Do I flash the box with a different image and start all over afresh by installing a new CCcam.cfg or what? If so do I install the new CCcam with the remote in the blue panel? Thanks

I'n order for cccam to work it needs 2 things :

1) the cccam program file itself, this has a number at end such as 2.1 etc. The number is the version. The program file if looked at on a pc would have .bin at the end. This means it's a binary file,which is similar to a .exe (executable) file on a windows pc. It is the workhorse and makes things happen. You cannot make changes to the .bin other than starting and stopping it. Or Updating with a different version. The one you have is fine.

2) the CCcam.cfg ( .cfg is a configuration file) which tells the cccam program what to do. The config can be amended by you, with you adding details. Which is what you need to do.

Rich

• Thanks a whole lot m8. As I mentioned at the beginning when I tried the DCC way I did not see the CCcam,cfg so now I am going to use the config program like you mentioned and see how it goes

• Sorrry richard_t I was out of town for a while so couldn't finish the task then. Thanks for your tips and suggestions I was able to install another CCcam(2.2.1) into the box through yellow button on the remote. I restarted CCcam and then used the DCC to ftp cccam.cfg and it was there. I could get to the cccam.cfg file now which I could not see before. I think that the main reason I could not see a cccam.cfg file at first was that the default CCcam(cccam 2.1.3) that came with the Nabilostar darkstar II was corrupt or damaged so when I downloaded a new CCcam 2.2.1, I could ftp cccam.cfg. For your patience and tips I am very grateful to you and the other contributors to thread. Now when I open cccam.cfg there are so many lines with # in their front. I am stuck with all these lines and do not know what next step take.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!