1m motorised

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,063 times. The last Post () by FoxForceFive.

• Here's my set up.

It's a 1m motorised dish, I actually dont know the name of the motor but it's metal, heavy & seems very good quality. The dish has 'satcatcher' written on.

I bought it for ?32. Yes, ?32! An eBay bargain, had to drive 12 miles to pick it up but worth it. The lnb stopped working after a few weeks so replaced it with a bog standard sky lnb that seems to do the trick, but I do wonder if a better lnb may be worth it.

The dish has no dents or obvious rusting & it's all in very good nick, very happy indeed!

• Official Post

Yes m8 definatley worth investing in a better lnb, the sky lnb will work but is alot less sensistve, you will notice a big difference when you replace it.

• The Inverto black ultra is a great high gain low noise lnb, well worth the higher price imho.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• The Inverto black ultra is a great high gain low noise lnb, well worth the higher price imho.

Is this it?

Seems a bit cheap....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Invert…Black-0-1dB/dp/B004670AJE

Next question, how easy is this to change? I got a sat fitter to install my dish & he replaced the lnb in return for me loading sky bouquets onto his dm800, (the fella knew everything abouty installing systems but sweet FA about the boxes themselves), I'm assuming it's just more or less a plug & play job?

• Nice set up mate and for that price it's excellent. What's it like when the winds pick up?

It's been great, very, very occasional glitching if the wind & rain is really heavy, but last time it was that bad I switched to my static s*y minidish & the signal from there was worse!

• I used to have a dish fixed with an omnisat above my guttering which was useless in high winds. Guy then fixed it with a scaffold pole and said that is going nowhere. He was right. The pole did not move and hence had no movement so during one bastard of a storm the whole dish and gubbings snapped from the pole haha. Not happy at the time obviously.

• Ouch!

I hope that dosnt happen to mine, but thus far it's been fine, we had 60 mph winds a few weeks back & it survived so fingers crossed. I've made sure not to risk turning it when it is that bad though, no point tempting fate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!