how to add plugin icefilm to clarketech

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,444 times. The last Post () by geordiewhite.

• Hi Again ive tried to looking in my plugins but when i tried its saying feeds could be in an unstable state.... if i want to use them allow unstable updates in online update set up but im unable to find this.

• 1st link will tell u about unstable updates

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-3-0-nothing-upgrade.html

2nd link to ipk file if not on plugins download menu

http://linuxsat-support.com/en…4213-icefilms-plugin.html

Hope it helps bud sent from me iPhone so hopefully all links work lolol just do a backup of your image just in case

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I found ichannel in the plugins which is really good thanks, ive looked at the link by Master G and have downloaded the zip file but again cannot connect to the box via ftp,i thought i used the username = root and password = alpine..? also not sure where exactly to drop the file when i have the access to the box cheers.

• Is this the thread you read buddy! Explained for Cam but principle is the same!
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…000-et5000.html#post14867

In short

> FTP ipk file from location (PC) to box using FTP client (DCC, Filezilla e.t.c)
    (password for the box will be what you set it to...or password from image used.....perhaps try dreambox, linuxsat, vuplus as these are the norm!

> Using FTP client copy IPK file to /tmp on receiver

> From box you should be able to/have an option to 'install local extensions' in your Menu

> You should be able to locate/it will show as default any ipks......and the one you ftp should be there/in list

> Select IPK file and Install

> Reboot box and plugin/file should be installed and accessible

Just to add if you have downloaded the plugin in folder format with files e.t.c

ftp this folder to

Un-rar the icefilms rar file then ftp the icefilms folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and restart your box

(Taken from post next door lol Thanks heike2013)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Ah Right bud, i didnt read that other thread as it happens, but from the advice you gave me yesterday i managed to allow the untested plugins and found the 1channel,i looked again today in the extensions i noticed the icefilms plugin.. im thinking the box does an automatic search and found it. Still not sure about the root and password for the ftp for future reference but thats another day lol,thanks again bud much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!