Raspbery pi

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,263 times. The last Post () by Madhatter.

• Has any one got one of these running oscam , any feedback would be appreciated
    Amount of clients?
    Card reading speed?
    Over heating ?

Many thanks

• I have the 256mb model - Follow the install guide in the sticky to install, and minimise the memory used for graphics. You don't need to use the GUI, as you can do all the configuring from another PC on your network.

I have this running with JSC sports and MTV Unlimited - with about 12 peers - have had 20 peers before now no problem. I Am using a powered USB hub, for which I use as a power supply for the Raspberry Pi - and also to power 2 Omnikey readers for the cards. JSC sports clear locally at less than 250ms and MTV Unlimited at about 575ms - so both better than on what I achieved on the internal reader of my Vu+ Duo with Oscam.

I have heard that cheap SD cards can melt over time, but if you get a good quality compatible SD card class 6 or above you should be ok. You can run it all on a 2GB card, but beware - have only got about a 50% success rate for SD cards that work and stay working on my Raspberry Pi. - google is your freind for this - there are lists around.

The Raspberry Pi does not overheat, and there is no need to overclock.

I can only state how it performs in my situation. I have peers, not clients, so I haven't got lots of people sending me lots of requests all of the time, but bear in mind that Raspberry Pi's are now shipping with 512mb ram as standard, so the new ones will outperform mine.

Payservers will kill the hobby. If you know of one, please name and shame them....

• Minimising the memory for graphics mine is set at 64 at present (if that's the right thing I'm looking at) , what does this need to be set at .. Thanks ... It's just the client number I'm thinking about , not sure weather to use this as a client only or a peer only system at the moment

• Minimising the memory for graphics mine is set at 64 at present (if that's the right thing I'm looking at) , what does this need to be set at .. Thanks ... It's just the client number I'm thinking about , not sure weather to use this as a client only or a peer only system at the moment

a couple of ways you can change the memory split on raspberry pi

I have my GPU memory set at 16MB

you can do it by editing the config.txt file that is in /boot directory of the raspberry pi

add the following line

Code
    gpu_mem=16

you will probably see a similar line with a different number - just change the number and delete the # if there is one before the entry so it will work. Save and reboot.

another way is to use console (remote putty or direct on device)

then type the command 'raspi-config'

there is a heading 'memory_split' - change memory split

select this and you can change it to 16mb and reboot.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have a raspberry 256Mb for several months,
    I use it with oscam and cardreader SCR3310 and works perfectly.
    Ecm are identical to those of the cardreader dreambox
    I only use in terminal mode via putty, do not use the graphical interface
    my / boot / config.txt is all uncomment

I suggest this excellent tutorial RPiconfig - eLinux.org

together we grow - ferdi

• I have a raspberry 256Mb for several months,
    I use it with oscam and cardreader SCR3310 and works perfectly.
    Ecm are identical to those of the cardreader dreambox
    I only use in terminal mode via putty, do not use the graphical interface
    my / boot / config.txt is all uncomment

I suggest this excellent tutorial RPiconfig - eLinux.org

Got this up and running now but only problem is ecms that were normally under 200 on cache 3 mode are near 1000 .... Drop down when disable all cachex 3 users/ readers . Have around 10 exchanges running with a cache size of 4000 ,,, dropped memory to 16 as suggested and not running desktop . Using latest oscam

• Hello

I have a 515Mb running at 2 smago readers. Run perfect but rallied a bit to get set up, but I'm also completely new to linux.
    If only internal to one user

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!