How To Recover No Ca Error On A DM800HD or DM800SE

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 43,965 times. The last Post () by master G.

• This is a common error but easily recovered

Please use this JapharFlasher, new Universal DreamUp working with all DM Original and Clone boxes

1. Connect via serial using NULL Modem cable (DM800HD) or Mini USB Cable (DM800SE) and a direct connection with Ethernet from Dreambox to Router.

2. Load japharflasher, select your com port, then click connect and power on DM800HD/DM800SE

3. When initialized it will display http serial mode on LCD display and show dhcp ip, once ip is displayed dreamup has served its purpose and now its in flash mode

4. Flash a new image via your internet browser (192.168.x.xxx address on LCD display) and flash a new image as normal.

• Hi !
    I have today tried to install orginal PeterPan 2.3 on my clone DM800se(sim2.10) and then ssl82,and get ca error.I am using windows 7 and have problems with drivers for nullmodem-usb.Any one knows where I can find it,or is there driver for Ubuntu 11.4

Litek

DreamboxTwo / DreamTV Mini / DM525HD CI+ / DM800SE og v2 / Formuler F4 HD /Allente 1 Box (Altibox+GenIPTV)(PeterPan /OpenPli 8.3/Dream-Elite )Windows 10 /Linux Ubuntu 20.04

Samsung 63"/3D Plasma/Phillips 75 Led(AndroidTV) SmartTV/Samsung 40" Led SmartTV

• hi sorry the only way you can fix your error ca...is a pached dream up as above with only null cable which is old hat so you need old laptop or computer to sort pain out ..but will work hope this helped ..chris

• Hello Everyone,

I am total noob with my new toy DM800HD (clone) and linux based boxes.

Therefore, I troubled myself w/ flashing new FW on my clone box and it ended up with "no CA found"

I did lots of google search for solution and has bought an USB->RS232, made a RS232 null cable (2-3,3-2 and 5-5) and follow with the guides above

I have tried with DreamUP 1.33.9, then DreamUp patched version, even find an old PC with Com1 port to get the IP appears on box but all has fails: my box only shows ErrO:"no CA found" when powered up
    Is there any other way to work around please help me.

As my bad memory, before broken down, my box shows something like Sim 201 ....82

• My box is an original box that i have checked at dreammultimedia webpage.
    I turned the dm800a of via remote the other week as i normaly do but when i started it next day it said
    DreamMultimedia Error! in the lcd display.
    I have downloaded both dreamup version 1.3.3.2 ,1.3.3.4, 1.3.3.9 and when i try to flash with 1339 i stops
    in the middle of it and i never get to chose flash or anything if i use 1334 of dream up it starts reading and sets the box in
    http: mode but then a warning comes up on the screen that says no 2th stage bootloader found and No ca found comes up in the display.

What do i do !!

Can i use patched version of dreamup on an original dreambox ?
    Or is there any other way to solve this problem by my self?

Greatful for all help i can get =)

• I could( and will ) press the thanks button , but I have been messing about trying to recover from the no ca error for weeks , anyhow after I bought a new null modem cable the above fix worked first time . Thank you very much :)
    I now have a working DM , just got to get some channels again now

• Hi,

Ive got NO ERROR NO CA FOUND on my dreambox 800 hd and I've only got a macbook. Is there a way of fixing with a mac?

Thank you

• Hi,for the dm800 genuine original

the best way is with dreamup do classic serial download the last realise original image

take 60 minutes then put another image by telnet.

• Its a clone Rami, not an original box

Barryh6 i suggest you swing by the rules section first. Once you've made an introduction you may find people will be a little more receptive to you.

Nano

• Ok I bought the dm800hd pvr and without reading so much i installed this "a new second stage loader" after i've read here
    Improved flash error correction feature for the DM500HD, DM800HD, DM8000 and DM800HD-SE | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software
    I did this because I wanted to install OpenPLi-2.1
    As i didn't knew much about this I installed this as an image as it had the same extension like an image and now I'm stuck with this error also "No Ca found"

Can somebody tell me what kind of NULL Modem cable do I need? because there are a few of them male-male female-usb and so on, or can somebody give me a link with a picture of that cable?

Thanks

• cable like this

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Why usb to mini usb ?

where to plug the usb and where to plug the usb mini ?
    I don't see any socket for usb mini on the dreambox only normal usb
    But if you say that I should plug into the normal USB of the dreambox where to plug the mini usb ? because I don't have any mini usb socket on my pc.

PS: I have the original dreambox not clone.

• Ok that's NULL Modem cable

Do I need anything else?
    So i should connect one side to the dreambox and the other one where to my laptop where the VGA output is for video ? :hmmmm:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!