"bad magic number" what does this mean ?

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,090 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• hi all, i have been trying to install something onto my box but i keep getting a massage saying "bad magic number" after i reboot and try to access it in the plugin menu.

what does this mean ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• it means the plugin was built for a python version that your box does not support.

eg Plugin could be built using python version 2.7 but your box only supports 2.6 version

You could look for a plugin using a different python version or update your image in your box to a newer version (if it supports the python version)

• thanks for the quick reply.
    before we go any further i have to tell you i know pretty much nothing about these kits and am learning as i go along so basically what you are saying is that it just wont do on my machine.
    ok so i was trying to load the icefilm plugin. i have a vu+solo clone.
    now for the technical stuff i could not honestly tell you other than the fact that it is on openpli and enigma 2, other than that i am pretty useless....
    any ideas could this work on my box ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• hmmm..... yeah, i had already read all them pages and am hearing the words vix, ipk, vti, ect.... so i am lost :baffle:
    any further help would be greatly appreciated

niall_b73

vix,vti are team images , you are using openpli so you should have no problem to install the plugin..

• ok so now i have made a c*#t of the whole thing :angry:

i went to ftp the said folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and yet again nothing..... so i removed it.
    but now there are a load of option thingy's missing from my plugin menu in the menu on the box......

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• does anybody know what may be wrong with the settings in the pic below, espically the bottom left icon (i may have changed it by accident messing about) if you can make it out that is

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• i am only after noticing now that the link for tspaniel has now disappeared from the menu list as well....... my world is slowly crumbling around me as is my box :confuse:

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• here is a better pic, i think i moved or deleted something from the bottom of the list.

how can i correct this please
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• ok so now i have made a c*#t of the whole thing :angry:

i went to ftp the said folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and yet again nothing..... so i removed it.
    but now there are a load of option thingy's missing from my plugin menu in the menu on the box......

niall_b73

Did you delete the Extensions folder itself????

If so i think you deleted all the plugins/extensions on your box!

You may need to re-flash image

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Did you delete the Extensions folder itself????

If so i think you deleted all the plugins/extensions on your box!

You may need to re-flash image

i quite possibly did being the big dope that i am.......
    well i guess i had better be reflashing then.
    many many thanks for your help.

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!