SMARTCARD SID REJECT syntax help needed

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,669 times. The last Post () by master G.

• guys, i need a little help. I am runnig cccam 2.2.1 on a Ubuntu 10.4 server. I i have a SLY local without Boxnation but i do get Boxnation from another peer.

I want to block my local from attempting to open Boxnation but i still cant get SMARTCARD SID REJECT to work, can someone check my syntax is correct?

my reader in the cccam.cfg file is: SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+

i have added this line to try and block Boxnation,Premier and setanta : SMARTCARD SID REJECT: /dev/ttyUSB0 0 { C7A7,C7A8,C7A9,1795,C5CB }
    (This was created by the SID assigner software and i just sawpped out ASSIGN for REJECT.)

I have also tried SMARTCARD SID REJECT: /dev/ttyUSB0 { C7A7,C7A8,C7A9,1795,C5CB } and this doesnt work either.

i am running cccam 2.2.1 and since its a Ubuntu server i havent stopped and restarted cccam believing that there is no need to. (other live changes "on the fly" seem to work without a stop/start)

cheers

• its a Ubuntu server i havent stopped and restarted cccam believing that there is no need to. (other live changes "on the fly" seem to work without a stop/start)

cheers

Please try reboot before people spend time looking at this _ Who knows it may well make the difference ! :rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Well I bet that worked!
    Always reboot your system after changing the Sid assign or reject to get it to take affect.
    It is in the CCcam instuctions on this site as well as "rikjaard-real" said.
    Sometimes the simple things are the best.

TM800 HD x2, DM500, TM1500,Viasat Plus HD (Latv.),S*Y HD/3d full,1.3m dish,33e-30west.

• I have a similar problem, I'm using a dm500 with a share from a card that has setanta etc on it but my dm500 tries to read from internal reader rather than from share resulting in blank screen, any help much appreciated.

• I have entered the line
    SMARTCARD SID REJECT: /dev/sci0 { C7A7,C7A8,C7A9,1795,C5CB }

but still under cccam.info it tells me the internal reader is reading card, i have updated to cccam 2.3.0 but still no good, can anyone shed light on what i'm doing wrong.
    thanks.
    OK got it to work, tried rebooting box through menu, shutdown, reboot now, a few times during the process didnt work, changed SMARTCARD SID REJECT to lower case, went into menu shutdown etc and box froze up so had to pull power, on startup it worked so dont know if it was changing to lower case that did it or pulling power for hard reboot but it now works..

• I have been trying this on my dm500 and with no success im running cccam 2.1.3, do I need to update to a higher version or should it work on 2.1.3, I have rebooted a few times with no joy, it still tryes to read the channel from my card,

• Official Post

I have been trying this on my dm500 and with no success im running cccam 2.1.3, do I need to update to a higher version or should it work on 2.1.3, I have rebooted a few times with no joy, it still tryes to read the channel from my card,

Sid reject was introduced in version 2.2.0 buddy so yes you need to upgrade to at least this.

• I have entered the line

but still under cccam.info it tells me the internal reader is reading card, i have updated to cccam 2.3.0 but still no good, can anyone shed light on what i'm doing wrong.
    thanks.
    OK got it to work, tried rebooting box through menu, shutdown, reboot now, a few times during the process didnt work, changed SMARTCARD SID REJECT to lower case, went into menu shutdown etc and box froze up so had to pull power, on startup it worked so dont know if it was changing to lower case that did it or pulling power for hard reboot but it now works..

Code

by rights this should be set like this :

Code
    SMARTCARD SID REJECT: /dev/sci0  [COLOR='#FF0000']5[/COLOR] { C7A7,C7A8,C7A9,1795,C5CB }

If you want to reject 5 sids..
    its the same for allowing sids...
    Another possibility is to simply use

Code
    SMARTCARD SID ASSIGN: /dev/sci0

then it will automatically assign the sids that are subscribed...

• Official Post

I have entered the line

thanks.

The first way without the 5 is correct buddy, The limiting of number of sids is only used in sid assign.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!