EPG lag in E2 and Spark

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,084 times. The last Post () by tommyt.

• Hi
    I have crossepg working on both Spark and E2, but when I turn on the box I have to click on every channel for the epg info to come in, otherwise they remain blank. This happens in both Spark and E2. Once the epg is in, it is fine - until I restart. Is that normal for these boxes? I only use it for FTA and it's not currently hooked up to the internet.
    Cheers

• on enigma do you not have crossepg installed? and what version of spark do you use?

Crosspeg installed and working on enigma.
    Running latest version of Spark with crosspeg included.

I gather it's not normal then, which gives me hope.

Thanks

• http://linuxsat-support.com/am…ge-amiko-alien-2-a-6.html

im using hdmu version 1632 enigma above, seems the best of the lot for enigma so far on this box. As for spark works pretty well i would do a factory reset and start from fresh installing the latest .61 version there is a 7day epg for each channel on its own behind the epg but theres a knack to get it to work, if you want info give us a shout and i will tell you how to get it working, the now and next where channel info is due to be sorted in the next spark version i have been informed.

• Thanks. I downloaded the HDMU image you recommended but haven't managed to get the tuners working. I also reinstalled SPark but it seems to be up to its old tricks :(

• Thanks. I downloaded the HDMU image you recommended but haven't managed to get the tuners working. I also reinstalled SPark but it seems to be up to its old tricks :(

ok to get the tuners working you need to go to plugins and to settings and download reinhard.satellites.xml(1.0) this will give you all satellites. Also from plugins download from epg crossepg(0.6), then download oscam8110 (7.00) as that cams works. Any question how to setup crossepg etc just ask. Oscam may not matter to you if you just want freeview. To install hard drive look at the link below for this image

http://linuxsat-support.com/am…mage-amiko-alien-2-a.html

use the telnet way.

Its a very good image once all installed.

• I will give that a go tomorrow when my wifi dongle arrives. Though I haven't got the HDMU image working yet, it looks way better than the last one I was using. Thanks again bobby.

• When you set up these images, don't configure the tuner just do all other settings, once done, send a full bouquet with your sat.xml file with dbedit, reload settings then reboot enigma 2.

Once it's up and running again, then you will find you can configure your tuner more easily.

• Hi
    I have crossepg working on both Spark and E2, but when I turn on the box I have to click on every channel for the epg info to come in, otherwise they remain blank.
    Cheers

Tommyt
    Spark - the Crossepg doesn't work properly with Spark, it will only save data to internal cache which is then deleted when you restart. This is a bug which has been reported to Spark and they are fixing, they advised me that they will issue an update after the Chinese new year.

E2 - You have probably got a configuration issue. I've not used the HDMU version Bobbyduke has advised on, so I cannot help on this. I use SatStation latest build, which has all the plugins ready for download and is pretty straight forward to configure.

• Hi Bobby
    I'll take you up on your offer to help set up crossepg please. I'm running HDMU and have my HDD set up (eventually!). I have crossepg working at the moment, but it's using internal memory and some channels, like Hore and Country (don't blame me that what the girlfriend is into) aren't getting their epgs properly. Any advice would be welcome.
    Cheers

• Have you it configured to download epg daily, and set to open tv providers.

No! Can't get my ruddy hard disk to connect. I'm a Mac man so I don't have the same formatting options as PC users. Macs run on linux so you'd think it would be pretty straightforward...

• Tommy T,
    If you haven't got HDD manager plugin get that and install. I have been having trouble with my HD but installed that and was able to get it working easily. I am using a HDMU backup image

regards huester

• Tommy T,
    If you haven't got HDD manager plugin get that and install. I have been having trouble with my HD but installed that and was able to get it working easily. I am using a HDMU backup image

regards huester

Hi Huester

I downloaded HDD manager and it certainly makes things a lot simpler. One question though - is ext 3 and ext 4 the only formats an Alien 2 running E2 will accept? I was hoping to use my HD to keep juniour's movies on and use it as a media player...

What backup image are you using?

Cheers

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!