Streaming remotely

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,047 times. The last Post () by cavjer.

• I can't seem to stream my box remotely. I've set dydns up and forwarded the ports correctly I think. In the new vu+ android app can't connect. Also with android dreamer and dreamdroid I can't do it remotely. If I go to a browser and type in my ip address and port of the box I can get bouquets and everything but no streaming on the mobilewebif. What am I missing?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

• so you forwarded the streaming ports, and you are using your dyndns addy or ip address? if all is done correctly then there shouldn't be a problem, have you verified that the ports are open by other means? Also remember the huge amount of bandwidth involved - you may be better off transcoding on your PC - dreamstreamoid is an app i have used where this can be set up with good guides available.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I've forwarded port 8001 which I think is the streaming port. How do I find out if this is my stream port?
    I'm using a bt home hub 3 which are pretty awful at Port forwarding bit the ports I've opened are saying they are open when checked via a website that checks ports.
    I have my box ip in ip section. My dydns addy in there and my port to connect to my box in the port section

• You also need the HTTP port forwarded. Go to your plugins menu on your receiver - select OpenWebif - you are trying to stream remotely so i really do recommend you change the Http port to something that isn't 80 - you also need to forward this port on your router to your receiver as well as the streaming port - which also can be changed from 8001 if you want, and again forward this on your router to the receiver IP. You also should enable HTTP Authentication, which will then require you enter your receiver's username and password, which again you should change the password to something that isn't the default one (use telnet on PC, log in, type the 'passwd' command and change here)

Then in your android app - ensure that you use the relevant ports, username and password.

• I'm pretty sure I've done as you say but still can't connect via any app I have but I can see bouquets etc via mobile browser. I just can't figure it out:banghead:

• best if you connect box to hub via ethernet and port forward from advanced settings make a profile in supported applications and pick up your mac when you select the device for the profile in port forwarding again rather than ip address as it will change and that way is buggy

• have a look above for another option - maybe the connection isn't fast enough and the stream needs transcodong.

My DL speed is 80mbs and UL is 20mbs. That should be fast enough shouldn't?

• best if you connect box to hub via ethernet and port forward from advanced settings make a profile in supported applications and pick up your mac when you select the device for the profile in port forwarding again rather than ip address as it will change and that way is buggy

I've set it to always use the ip its been assigned on the connected devices. Should I use the mac address anyway?

• should be if that is the case from both sides of the connecton, but bear in mind that a lot of ISPs manage traffic in a way that can slow things down.

All routers are different, on my router you can input the mac address and define the IP address to be assigned to that device and it fixes it, but if you are connecting on the http port but not the streaming port, then so long as the ports are pointing to the same device, the fact the http part of the process is working would indicate that the IP address is correct. Maybe you should try to choose a different streaming port in the webif settings incase your ISP is also restricting outside access to certain ports.

• I can only connect from a browser and not any of the apps that I want too, is this because I haven't forwarded the streaming port?. Also, how do I change the streaming port? On my duo I have Webif and Web interface. On my solo I used a backup from someone else and only has Web interface but I'm sure I didn't see a streaming port in the settings. Where can I download the latest webif plug in. I'll install that and get rid of the rest.

• You have to forward streaming port and http port in the router to the receiver if you want to connect externally. As i mentioned before, you can change the streaming port and http port from the receiver - go to your plugins menu on your receiver and select the 'OpenWebif' plugin.

In your router, ensure you have fixed your receiver's IP address, and forward the http and streaming port to the receiver's address. Some routers you can forward ports to a mac address. Enable HTTP authentication, and then ensure you have changed your password in telnet as mentioned before. Then you can add the settings on your android app.

Of course to connect externally you need to use your external IP address or dyndns address in the app.

I think you are missing bits of information that are vital in order to do this, so you might need to take a step back and take note of all the steps needed in order to ensure you are not missing anything.

• Thanks mate. Gonna sit down tonight and have a run through it again start to finish and hopefully get it running

• Right. My open webif only had 3 options. Enabled, port and require authentication. No other options.

• Also on my solo box I have Web interface instead of open webif and that has no streaming port options either

• OpenWebif - on the ViX 3.0 image on my receiver - has the following options;

Openwebinterface Enabled yes/no
    Http Port (definable)
    Enable Http Authentication yes/no
    Streaming Port (definable)
    Enable Https yes/no
    Https Port yes/no
    Smart Services renaming for XBMC yes/no

What receiver/image you using?

• I also downloaded openwebif from the Linux sat server in tsPanel and still only 3 options. I downloaded one from a thread on here but was unsure how to add it as it came in a zip file with several folders inside but no bh file or ipk

• All sorted now. Updated to bh 2.0.1 and openwebif had all options set them up and still didn't work. Turns out my dydns address wasn't working so signed up for free ip and worked straight away. Thanks for you help musogeek, though I feel I was annoying you with so many questions toward the end!:p

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!