Streaming remotely

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,050 times. The last Post () by cavjer.

• All sorted now. Updated to bh 2.0.1 and openwebif had all options set them up and still didn't work. Turns out my dydns address wasn't working so signed up for free ip and worked straight away. Thanks for you help musogeek, though I feel I was annoying you with so many questions toward the end!:p
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

I would also be grateful if you could provide more info on how you set this up as I am also having some trouble with dyndns. Where did you get the free ip?

Thanks.

• Yeah as master g says get a free host name from there. Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly on your router. Which router and isp do you use? Are you in the UK? Give me a shout if you need help. Will try and do a step by step guide if I get time if it would help people.

• Has anybody found a guide to transcode the stream? I have set up the dns and port forwarding in my router and I can connect to my box no problem but I just don't have the bandwidth to stream a picture. Does anybody know if there is a guide or a plug in to do this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

• Yes I read that. I may try and set my pc up as a vlc server and see if I can get that working. It's all good fun having a play around :confused::D

• Managed to get this working using my pc to transcode the stream. Working on 3g and Wi-Fi away from home. :) results are very stable and picture quality is acceptable. You can adjust quality but I think it depends how good your upload is.

• Yeah as master g says get a free host name from there. Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly on your router. Which router and isp do you use? Are you in the UK? Give me a shout if you need help. Will try and do a step by step guide if I get time if it would help people.

Unibiggle, Any nearer doing a step by step guide?

Zgemma H2

Mag 255

• Hi mate. No I never did one. What are you stuck on? Are you using BT homehub3 and in the UK?

No my router is a D-link 615 I think I have set it up ok now, is their a way I can test it from my home?

Yes in the UK

Zgemma H2

Mag 255

• No my router is a D-link 615 I think I have set it up ok now, is their a way I can test it from my home?

Yes in the UK

Switch off your Wi-Fi on your phone and stream over 3g. This is the way I tested mine out :thumbup:

• Yeah like cavjar says use 3g lte to test. Also type in your routers external IP address followed by :?? With the question marks being your port for your box. Do this on a web browser on the phone on 3g and you should get you web interface from your box allowing browsing of bouquets etc. If you can't access that your router isn't allowing outside connections.

• Switch off your Wi-Fi on your phone and stream over 3g. This is the way I tested mine out :thumbup:

Hi M8 turned Wi-Fi off on my HTC Desire HD it let me change channels but no picture or sound the App I downloaded was VU+ Player

cheers Chris

Zgemma H2

Mag 255

• Hi M8 turned Wi-Fi off on my HTC Desire HD it let me change channels but no picture or sound the App I downloaded was VU+ Player

cheers Chris

Unless you can upload at 6-7mbps this won't work as you are trying to stream the picture at the full bandwidth and even then your download speed may not be enough. You need to transcode the stream to make it something that can stream over the web. The guide is here in this thread somewhere

• Unless you can upload at 6-7mbps this won't work as you are trying to stream the picture at the full bandwidth and even then your download speed may not be enough. You need to transcode the stream to make it something that can stream over the web. The guide is here in this thread somewhere

I also have the slingbox app downloaded but that picks the picture up ok.

Zgemma H2

Mag 255

• It can be done with an app called dreamstreamoid. You need to use your pc as a vlc server which will transcode the stream and open 3 ports on your router. Full instructions are on the app developers website. I have currently got this working so it can definitely be done.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!