Movie Browser Plugin

There are 192 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 41,649 times. The last Post () by PakTo.

• Relaxibus

here you go, I got most of it working in python 3. (It probably wont work on anything other than oe-alliance images)

I removed Wiki
    I removed paypal popup
    Youtube isn't working

TMDB, posters and backdrops are

And don't select use HD skin otherwise the layout all breaks.

There are 15000 lines of code in this plugin (eek). realistically it could be written in about 3000 as everything is repeated about 4 times and he has hard coded in all the variation language translations which is not the modern way to do it.
    There are lots of deprecated code in this plugin.
    I am not doing anything with it. I just painfully looked through these 15000 lines and converted what was necessary to get it to run on python 3.

And it wont be perfect, the plugin is about 10 years old. We have moved on alot since then. But it should be useable.

It's a start for anyone else that wants to pick it up. I am far too busy with all my other work.

Download latest plugin from this thread and then copy over plugin.py attached to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieBrowser

Enjoy.

• KiddaC Many thanks! Will test it on the weekend. I also would sponsor a new/updated version and to keep it open source if anyone has interest. I guess, after 10 years it is still the most attractive way to select movies in an very easy way. So lets keep up with it :-)

Edit: Couldn't wait... :-)

It works, even in Full HD support, however the system message are really big, but ok. I see some issues with the ü ö ä in the system messages.

Importing new movies, backdrops and posters works. With "key 2" movie title can be modified, perfect! KiddaC, you saved my day!

If you should fine some time to optimize it this would be very appreciated and remunerated.

Thanks! :-D

• Yes, as mentioned its not perfect as I haven't done any fixes, but lots of the features are still usable.

It would basically have to be re-written from scratch to fully work. As there is that much code in this it would be difficult to fix issues and amend the code.

The concept of the plugin is actually not much different to what I do for my xstreamity plugin for iptv, but this has a few extra bells and whistles thrown in.

I wont have any spare time in the remainder of this year to look at it any more.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Yesterday I tested it and from my point of view, it works well. YouTube trailer is useless, as you already recorded the video. YouTube trailer would makes sense in the IMDB plugin when you check the movie content from the EPG.

Sometime yes, in FHD, if you exit the Moviebrowers then the skin is "zoomed" and a skin restart helps. May be you will find some time next year :-)

Tschüß,

Relaxi

• I further tested it: It works great. The main issue is if you set the plugin in FHD Support: Yes, then during a movie view, the skin is zoomed. That means you will not see your infobar and all messages are very big. If you exit the movie browser, 90% the time the skin will revert to normal. Just sometimes it stays zoomend and only a reboot helps.

New movie title searching works great and all in one, the plug in works great on OpenViX 6.2 (OE-A 5). So KiddaC, thanks again! :-)

• Hallo, KiddaC

how do I get PlugIn.py installed if I don't even get the movie browser installed because it doesn't run on the current version of my Gigablue. I'm still a newbie, had always used VideoDb in the past, which no longer runs on the new box.

I would be very happy for friendly help

😊

Edited once, last by oktus: Please respect the forum rules and post in English ().

• small contribution.. (so to speak, thousands of lines of code :head banger: )

-readable configuration

-screen switch removed

-insert local language (now you have to do the translations),

as you can see from the photo, the locale language (Italian) works perfectly

screenshot_20221204181703.jpg

screenshot_20221204181736.jpg

screenshot_20221204181744.jpg

the switch screen needs to be fine-tuned, in a FHD resolution it might close in hd, and you have to restart the box for that

but that too is resolved.

I had to pause this code for obvious reasons, therefore, it will no longer be full screen but 1280

Waiting for the video resolution to automate

Code
                # f = open('/proc/stb/video/alpha', 'w')
                # f.write('%i' % config.av.osd_alpha.value)
                # f.close()

you just need to overwrite the existing folder

this may reset your movie database, but you can recreate it

enjoy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!