Movie Browser Plugin

There are 197 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 42,544 times. The last Post () by Relaxibus.

• Which version of the plug-in are you using as I am getting the following message on a vu+ solo 4k (openatv)

Moviebrowser message.jpg

I did not install the old ipk it wont work on python 3xx I just unpacked the MovieBrowser.zip file posted on thread #96 and copied MovieBrowser folder to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions then rebooted gui then ran the plugin.

Thank you, copied and rebuilding database. Assume you have also overwritten Lulalla’s file from post #97

• tbe , i had not used Lulalla’s file from post #97 this was my first time trying the plugin I did try installing the ipk but as you noticed it was not for python 3xx so would not install so thats why i manually copied the folder over.

• tbe , i had not used Lulalla’s file from post #97 this was my first time trying the plugin I did try installing the ipk but as you noticed it was not for python 3xx so would not install so thats why i manually copied the folder over.

Seems odd to me because it is finding over 100 movies whereas I only have 4 on my hdd. Deleted the database and then it rebuilt but with the same results. Have no idea where it is finding movies that I do not have or never have had.

• Seems odd to me because it is finding over 100 movies whereas I only have 4 on my hdd. Deleted the database and then it rebuilt but with the same results. Have no idea where it is finding movies that I do not have or never have had.

To have Movie Browser working correctly , you need to refer to your Movie folder in setting and be sure names of Movie is clear

• Seems odd to me because it is finding over 100 movies whereas I only have 4 on my hdd. Deleted the database and then it rebuilt but with the same results. Have no idea where it is finding movies that I do not have or never have had.

To have Movie Browser working correctly , you need to refer to your Movie folder in setting and be sure names of Movie is clear

I am pointing the settings to media/hdd/movie which is where they are stored. Just copied the movies to a new folder and pointed to it and seems to work now.

• Lululla ( KiddaC for info)

This is I think with your latest changes plus I have added(removed in some cases) as below - you may want to revert some changes (they are fine on my system)

python 3 only(python 2 code lines removed), re - import used modules, os - import used module, getPage replaced (depreciated), Menu HDD now looks for available devices(e.g. NAS), PayPal removed

# - some try/except code reduced - my decision, may need reverting for some users.
    I have test code in there for epicLoad replacement if I can ever get it to work - commented out for moment
    plugin.py

Edited once, last by Twol ().

• actually I'm working on it a bit, I've already put out the skin.xml in separate folders, a check for the fhd, other things removed..

you need to greatly simplify this plugin.. at the moment EMC beats it by a lot

I'll put some updates as soon as I'm sure it works well

babsy98
    please attach only po ;)

A new .pot here attached

• Hi, I have AX HD61 with ATV 7.2 in use.

Regarding the Version babsy98 offered in #107 I noticed a Spinner while updating the Database, the Box seems frozen.

If there are a bunch of Movies in the Search path Folder, this might last a long time to stay.

I switched off TV to avoid Burn in effects, and the Plugin finishes after a long while (900 Movies - 3 hrs), with more or less poor Results

In former Versions with py2, you could demand it into the Background, this does not work anymore.

Secondly, as I use German Language for Search, there are Problems discovering the typical German Letters

ä, ö, ü as e.g. München, Köln, Ärger...

I do not complain, just report, maybe this can be proved by someone else, and fixed.

Greets

• try:

Update Database with Timer: YES

Timer Database Update put your timer

Hide Plugin during Update: YES

• I will give it atry , timed for tonight late now.

But i doubt this solves the Problem with the special characters in German Language, maybe you have a suggestion for this too.

Films starting with Numbers in the Filename aren't recognized/shown neither.

my structure is

Foldertree starting with 0-9,A-Z

Folder containing media have all this structure.

for example,

Folder: 300 (2007)

Media: 300 (2007).mp4

Cover: 300 (2007).jpg

Filmdescription: 300 (2007).txt

we talk about 200 Movies not shown , all containing either Numbers or the ger Characters in the Titel

Hopefully you find the point in this massive piece of code.

• Try it too, and don't install the .ipk, it's being tested.

- changed load poster/banner/backdrop system

- eliminated 8000 lines of useless code

-automatic switch hd/fhd This also applies to PNGs, also for all 3 sckin embedded

-Load TMDB Apikey from /tmp/apikey.txt (from config menu) or put with VirtualKeyboard

.. there is still a lot to fix

fhd

screenshot_20221210134946.jpgscreenshot_20221210134937.jpg

Button:

- Red for swith skin..

- Epg - Info - menu - Numbers - Ch+/Ch- - Pvr - etc etc etc

in config menu set Automatic for backdrop update

strange you can't see the director's name, they must have changed the tags on the server

We still need to fix the multilists, font , character, and much more.

Now I rest a bit.

don't ask me anything else for now, it's just a contribution to pass some time

edit:

-Load TMDB Apikey from /tmp/apikey.txt (from config menu) or put with VirtualKeyboard

• Ciao scusate se mi intrometto in questa discussione volevo capire se scarico questo plugin di MovieBrowser ed installo vedo i film come nei post che avete pubblicato.Oppure ce una procedura da eseguire grazie

Hello ,sorry if l intrude on this discussion, I wanted to understand if i download this MovieBrowser plugin and install i see the movies as in the posts you have published.Or is there a procedure to follow thanks

• I fixed something else, Sunday never goes away, and tomorrow it's back to work

-Added ability to import 2 apikeys for tmdb & thetvdb)
    -Correct all Url for tmdb & thetvdb

eg . correct this work:

url = 'https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=%s&query=%s&language=%s' % (tmdb_api_key, name, self.language) 

and this and work:

url = 'https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=%s&language=%s' % (name, self.language)

i'm not sure for this ... mm

url = 'https://www.thetvdb.com/api/%s/series/' + seriesid[x] + '/' + config.plugins.moviebrowser.language.value + '.xml' % thetvdb_api_key

apart from the Director which is not picked up, the config is not saved correctly, at least some entries.

The command for plugin..?? ok

Screen BrowserMetrix

• 'nextMarker': self.gotoABC,
    • 'prevMarker': self.gotoXYZ,
    • 'red': self.switchStyle,
    • 'yellow': self.updateDatabase,
    • 'blue': self.hideScreen,
    • 'contextMenu': self.config,
    • 'showEventInfo': self.toggleInfo,
    • 'EPGPressed': self.toggleInfo,
    • 'startTeletext': self.editDatabase,
    • 'showMovies': self.updateDatabase,
    • 'showRadio': self.deleteMovie,
    • 'leavePlayer': self.markSeen,
    • '1': self.controlMovies,
    • '2': self.renewTMDb,
    • '3': self.renewTVDb,
    • '4': self.filterSeen,
    • '5': self.toogleContent,
    • '6': self.filterFolder,
    • '7': self.filterDirector,
    • '8': self.filterActor,
    • '9': self.filterGenre,
    • '0': self.gotoEnd,
    • 'bluelong': self.showHelp,
    • 'displayHelp': self.showHelp

Screen BrowserBackdrop

• 'showEventInfo': self.togglePlot,
    • 'EPGPressed': self.togglePlot,

Screen BrowserPosterwall

• 'showEventInfo': self.toggleInfo,
    • 'EPGPressed': self.toggleInfo,

regards

• Thanks a lot @Lululla for continues support

i have littlie issue for setting my movie folder to plugin, it always

Code
    config.plugins.moviebrowser.moviefolder=/media/hdd/

not accept to change to

Code
    config.plugins.moviebrowser.moviefolder=/media/hdd/movie
  • Thanks a lot @Lululla for continues support

i have littlie issue for setting my movie folder to plugin, it always

Code
    config.plugins.moviebrowser.moviefolder=/media/hdd/

not accept to change to

Code
    config.plugins.moviebrowser.moviefolder=/media/hdd/movie

the plugin accept only device mounted

Code
    def getMountDefault(choices):
        choices = {x[1]: x[0] for x in choices}
        default = choices.get("/media/hdd") or choices.get("/media/usb")
        # print("[MovieBrowser][getMountDefault] default, choices", default, "   ", choices)
        return default

in this case .. folder are :

-moviebrowser

-moviebrowser/cache

On config menu see "Show List of Movie Folder" .. and select your folder movie ;)

• any way to override by adding path on setting file directly

i have no access to change via the plugin

000.png

• Hi Lululla, thanks for your work on the Movie Browser plugin!! Regarding the EMC, where it beats Movie Browser compared for what Movie Browser was made for? A part EMC is not available for OE-Alliance boxes (like OpenViX). EMC looks horrible to me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!