Solo 2 hard drive won't initialize

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,780 times. The last Post () by wiganfun.

• I've tried all images BH VTi Vix and AAF. And 3 hard drives
    Worked ok when I first got the solo 2 but after trying new images I just can't get it to initialize any more
    I'm just about to give up been try all images and hard drives for the last 2 days

Please help if any one can

Thanks

• Yes I did all that Try a hard drive and a 32 gig usb pen
    They both work ok But when I do a restart of the box both not there and won't initialise
    So the epg won't load

This is driving me mad. It work ok for 4 days
    Then I tried a new image and it all started from there
    Just can get it working with the hard drive. I no the hard drive is working. I have put it in PC formatted it to fat 32 ntfs both work ok on PC

But won't in the vu+ box

Can the vu+ be restored to factory settings so I can start again ?

• Hi I have been having a similar problem. I am running OpenVix backup image from MrGmx and I went into the Software update menu and tried to do an update. On completing this the Solo2 rebooted and my hard drive was gone. I tried various things from the menus including initialising the drive. I then tried to add it back in mountmanager which caused enigma2 to crash with an error in adding a line to fstab. In desparatiion I telneted into the box ran a "mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1" then "mkdir /media/hdd" lastly mounted it by typing "mount /dev/sda1 /media/hdd". This all worked and I was able to timeshift programs etc. Unfortunately if I reboot then all is gone. So I now need to add a line in to fstab.

I thought I would check the forums first and encountered this post. So your not the only one. Just dont know the right resoloution yet. Here is the exert from the crash log

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/BoundFunction.py", line 9, in __call__
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 56, in finishedCB
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py", line 224, in add_fstab

• Thanks for that I to an no using openVIx image are working !

BUT I now has soon has I do a box restart ill loose me epg and hard drive will be gone

It's really frustrating ..... Just had it up to here now. I'm really thinking of going back to dreambox

Vu+ boxes are very good when all working

• I had it working very well hard drive all working and would restart with no problems for 4 days

Just trying new images shouldn't do all this problems

• I am thinking of going back to blackhole 1.7.9-3 by MrGmx as that seemed stable and transcoding seemed better. I will probably do this friday if no one else comes up with an answer.

• I done this backup and as of yet haven't experienced any of these problems?

EPG downloads and stays update fine, and HDD all setup, i have actually added a larger one since?

I would suggest trying to reflash or failing that start a fresh with latest Vix image and add your plugins e.t.c to it, good fun and practice and we will help when needed

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Just out of interest guys!

When you say gone, how do you check? ( i mean your not going to record list and seeing nothing and presuming its not mounted?)

Im pretty sure they pickup HDD now, i know when i put images on top of each other it normally finds the HDD ok? Just sometimes the menu won't open in the correct location for example?

You are using the latest build .600 (i have updated link) as the original one i put up weeks ago was a rushed unstable version?

You have setup EPG to download to your box in HDD location and it downloads and shows in there when done!

Just entering the party late but seems very strange......

lssdalogo.png

• When I say is gone. I mean that I can see it there in hard drive setup but it will not initialize or mount It just gets to 99% and then comes up with a error message tome out

I have setup the epg to download to the hard drive and it works all ok Until it's time to turn off the vu box or restart its then that the hard drive
    Problems start after the reboot

So I think it has to be a epg problem But that's just me guessing

• In my case the drive is not mounted and there is no entry in fstab. I was able to manually mount it and then I can record etc although it didnt pick up my picons. I have since reverted to your Blackhole image which is fine and the hard drive initialises and mounts fine.

Like Wiganfun notes if you reboot the box its not mounted which is not a surprise as there is no entry in fstab to mount it.

• I have done numerous searches on this issue and the general consensus appears to be these problems are caused by TSPanel and the way its written. Lots of posts saying you shouldnt use it especially on VIX images. It appears to affect DUO's, Dreambox DM800 and others. Its annoying as I had switched to VIX. Maybe when I give it a go next time I will try it without TSPanel to see if I still get the problem.

• I've stopped using tspanel as it was causing issues when I still had my duo. I haven't missed it as everthing can be sourced from elsewhere.
    Haven't had a green screen since I stopped using it on my duo or solo2

• Poor workman blames his tools! Lol

TSPanel is fine when used correctly it seems, it has been noted on forum the issues with Vix and like you state most things can be sourced by the normal routes but as a Vix user mainly and on duo solo and solo2 I haven't noted any problems apart from my error or not double checking a source but deleting the plugin via FTP normally resolves, if not a quick backup gets you back online!

thats part of the fun I find lol after I've counted to 10

lssdalogo.png

• Don't think there are solo2 clones yet. After all it took them 3 years to clone the duo.
    Reckon they'll be a bit quicker cloning the solo2, but don't think they have yet.
    My comments regarding tspanel are just from experience with my duo and solo2. I find most of what i need in the feeds or with a quick google search anyway.

• I agree with the TSpanel not working well on solo 2 with VIX
    I have VIX image on my Solo 2 with TSpanel 6.5 all working ok BUT if I upgrade to TSpanel 6.9 I no that the hard drive problems start
    It took me over a week to work it out trying things and removing stuff in the end it WAS TSpanel

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!