New f5 just arrived

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,097 times. The last Post () by theram310.

• Hi everyone.my f5 just came around half an hour ago so it's time for me to put what I've been reading lately into practise.i have read the forum rules and think this is ok to talk about,if not I apologise.somebody has offered me a cline,have to pay 3 months worth up front.problem is he refuses to give me a test line so I've a feeling that's a bit shady.once I learn a lot I am planning on setting up a server for friends and family at some point.can I ask how you's all got your first cline?did you'd just pay up and hope it was glitch free etc?thanx

• payservers are scum, they are ruining the hobby. and buying from them is supporting them,

my first line was from my own local, and still is.

if you want to set up your own server you need to get a local card (subscription) remember this is a hobby, and there is much to learn but you MUST be init for the right reasons. you have come to the right place for support.

• Dont support pay servers m8 you will loose in the end may seem the easy route to get started but it isnt a good idea sort your boxkey out and get up and running with your card even if you havent a lot on the package ppl will share with you to cover dips in their own shares

• payservers are scum, they are ruining the hobby. and buying from them is supporting them,

my first line was from my own local, and still is.

if you want to set up your own server you need to get a local card (subscription) remember this is a hobby, and there is much to learn but you MUST be init for the right reasons. you have come to the right place for support.

Spot on mate

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• Dont support pay servers m8 you will loose in the end may seem the easy route to get started but it isnt a good idea sort your boxkey out and get up and running with your card even if you havent a lot on the package ppl will share with you to cover dips in their own shares

Spot on mate

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• i kinda thought payservers were online businesses etc where as this is a local guy but yeah guess it is just the same.it is the easy route when you have bought a box and cant see it running the way you want.probably jumped head first in when i really should have planned it a bit better.just keen to learn.anyway gonna fire it up and set it up for fta channels

Hi everyone.my f5 just came around half an hour ago so it's time for me to put what I've been reading lately into practise.i have read the forum rules and think this is ok to talk about,if not I apologise.somebody has offered me a cline,have to pay 3 months worth up front.problem is he refuses to give me a test line so I've a feeling that's a bit shady.once I learn a lot I am planning on setting up a server for friends and family at some point.can I ask how you's all got your first cline?did you'd just pay up and hope it was glitch free etc?thanx

If SlyUK Sub is too expensive, you should look into getting a euro Sub & setting that up as your local & then looking for shares for other subs you are interested in.
    I can understand the temptation to get a cline quickly to see everything working but as stated above, payservers are sucking the life out of this hobby.
    I'm not going to lie, when I started out I got a 48hour test cline off one of the parasites to test my setup.. (I should add that it was sh1t, what I would now consider hop 3 from bad peer)

Now that I am a small bit wiser in this game I dodge them like the plague. I have come across a few of them as peers and as well as charging for the knowledge that they acquired free from all the hard working members of the community, they are using & abusing naive peers for a living.

i kinda thought payservers were online businesses etc where as this is a local guy but yeah guess it is just the same.

I don't think the scale of the operation changes the mindset of the person involved. Your either in this game for the love of it or to make a quick buck.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi Beefybawz, read your post and you say you got your first cline from your local?? I thought you meant local pub? But I think you meant your local CS buddy?
    So how did you manage that?? Did you have a subbed card to share in the first place??
    Cheers

• not in the first place,i was lucky someone pulled me from the dark side and showed me the error of my ways lol i never even got as far as trying a payserver thank god.after i got shown the correct way the scene works i got my own setup and couldnt be happier.still loads to learn but thats part of the fun

• Hi Beefybawz, read your post and you say you got your first cline from your local?? I thought you meant local pub? But I think you meant your local CS buddy?
    So how did you manage that?? Did you have a subbed card to share in the first place??
    Cheers

There is also a Vip Section where you could post and Explain you have no Local But would like to get started and maybe someone can help you along with some Ideas or a test to View channels on your box and from there you could look into taking a Sub for something Different they could use on there system.

We all have to start somewhere and with just a little to share you may find it a lot more Easy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!