Motorised multi sat query

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 885 times. The last Post () by unibiggle.

• Hi I'm in the UK and my current set up is vu duo and vu Solo, standard *** dish and an Octo lnb.

Thinking of getting a motorised dish to pick up footy on foreign providers. Can I still have the multiple boxes connected if I have a motor dish? I take it only 1 frequency can be watched by both boxes? What sort of size dish will I need? Had a little read up but a bit baffled so far. Do I need switches?

Sorry for so many questions. Anyone have a multi sat set up in the UK and can give me a few pointers I'd be very happy.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

• The receiver that is connected to the dish at the moment needs to have a loop through!
    Take a cable from the loop through in receiver 1 down to receiver 2!
    It will work like that but i'm nearly 100% sure receiver 1 will have to be in "standby" mode for receiver 2 to be able to move the dish and view channels that are "NOT" on the same transponder as receiver 1!

• i have a motorized dish with quad lnb, ive got my vu connected to it (2cables) and a dm800 in bedroom (2 cables but only use 1), all other boxes r connected to a octo lnb on a zone 2 *** dish, as u asked you would only b able to view channels from the satellite you turn to on the motor setup option...... in this case i think rigrat1 has the best answer, u are allowed 2 dishes up at once on your property, i think 1 is a *** dish and the other is up to 1meter. good luck with it all bud.

TG

• You will get most everything on 28e 23.5e 19.2e and 13e you can use a fixed dish with 4 lnbs and if you want 4 boxes in the house you can fit 4 quad lnbs if really needed or a twin or quad for sly and 3 singles with a diseqc switch the up side is its instant no waiting for the dish to turn better for other boxes on same dish , downside is you need to add lnbs for other sats

• The receiver that is connected to the dish at the moment needs to have a loop through!
    Take a cable from the loop through in receiver 1 down to receiver 2!
    It will work like that but i'm nearly 100% sure receiver 1 will have to be in "standby" mode for receiver 2 to be able to move the dish and view channels that are "NOT" on the same transponder as receiver 1!

I have similar setup and same,second box wouldn´t turn motor...

• Thanks for the answers tho I'm more confused than ever.

So I leave my sly dish with Octo lnb and can still have 4 dual boxes connected. Then install a 1metre dish on a motor and will be able to pick up all other frequencies?

What did you mean about being able to pick up all those frequencies with a fixed dish? With a 1M dish or my current *** one?

Thanks again

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!