Alien 8900 and IceCrypt S3700CHD

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,845 times. The last Post () by Steve_W.

• Hi Guys,

I have flashed the latest HDMU image across to my IceCrypt S3700CHD receiver, and must say that this is the best image yet I have tried. It is all setup and working the way I want. Question, can I flash the same image across to my Alien 8900 receiver, as I know it has dual firmware, but I know the IceCrypt uses a different chipset to that of the IceCrypt. Or is it simply that one E2 image will fit all.

Cheers
    dr0g0

• Reflashed to this image again and it doesn't have Astra 2 28.2e in the list of satellites for tuner configuration. I set it to automatic... crashes every time!

• Official Post

Hi guys
    I'm about to buy an Icecrypt S3700CHD... are you satisfied with it? Any "known" problems?
    Thanks!

There`s not much support for this receiver so far, Enimga 2 and its plugins will only run correctly on Broadcom MIPS based receivers, so yu would be better off with a Vu+, maxdigital xp1000, gigablue, xtrand etc..

Make a post in this section for best suggestions here --> Which Receiver Would You Recommend ?..

• The ICECrypt S3700CHD is just a reboxed Amiko Alien 2. I really wouldn't waste your money on it as you will be seriously disappointed.

Nano

• After owning this box for around 6 months I have the following to say... If you accept the fact that you are buying a cheaper box than other boxes that can do the same thing and are willing to spend some time configuring it, it's generally OK... I get a few crashes from plugins and certain times it can be a little slow.

If I had £170 to buy one of these now having learned what I have learned... I'd put that towards a Vu Plus box...

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!