Vu+Solo2 vs GigaBlue Quad

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,363 times. The last Post () by stormin.

• Hello all,

I have finally decided to get either the Vu+Solo 2 or the Gigablue Quad. Just need to decide what one to buy.

I would just like to ask you all for some advice on which of the two would be the best to buy.

Would the gigablue quad be better, as it has support for more tuners in the future?
    Would the gigablue quad be better, as it has double the flash memory (512mb compared to 256mb of the Solo 2)?
    It seems that the gigablue quad drivers are updated more regularly (March) as compared to (February of the Solo 2)?

I have heard that some features such as gigabit lan, and transcoding do not work currently on the Gigablue Quad. Has anyone heard if these features are maybe to be implemented in the future?

Many thanks to anyone who answer the questions. Thank you all for reading.

• :taxman: BlackBurnMan.....Pass by the Nice Lady in the Introductions Section and Say Hello! Then people will stop staring at you :snicker: and offer some advice

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• anything will be better than a clone , but if you can afford get a solo 2 your money will be well spent you will be top of the tree till duo 2 comes out and thats going to be pretty expensive and not a whole lot more powerful compared to the prices i have seen

• Yep, I have sold my soul to the vu+ boxes (Vix images).
    We have a solo2 and it is an amazing box. Very fast navigating menus, etc.
    Gigabit LAN also quite useful.

• I would have to agree with the other supporters of the VU+ Solo2. I had my doubts at first when I first bought it but with all the feedback and help on this forum you can't wrong with a VU+. Use Vix, Ten Below backup is a work of art and seems to be written with Vu+ Solo2 in mind, I could be wrong??

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Yes, i think the vu+ solo2 is the best receiver at this price but i am looking for a triple tuner dvb-s2. That's why i am considering the gigablue quad

• I have the quad mate brilliant box to, I got mine fitted with a dvb-t tuner, working brilliant have vix on it so far so good. Getting the saorview channels as well on vix image one of the main reasons I bought it.
    You could buy a usb tuner for VU just an option but keep it mind.
    It may not have the support of other images as far as Im aware.

• Being an Ex VU Solo2 owner although i loved it if i bought again now i would go for the Gigablue Quad for what i would miss on the Solo2 which is Blackhole image and Gigabit Lan what you gain on the quad especially now its more stable and the price is great for what it can do.

• As a newbeee, into linux I can only suggest check out what is on the market, what exactly you intend to do with your final purchase and go for it. For a twin tuner the VU+Solo2, is my personal choice. Over the last 14-15 years, after deciding to ditch *** subscriptions, I have owned, Churchill, D2Mac, Echostar and Technomate. All at the time were right for me, and now the VU+ does what I am looking for in a satellite receiver. After all it is your choice and I am sure that support, from wherever forum/post you will find.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hi,

Do you mean that i can ad one more dvb-s2 tuner via an usb connection in order to have three dvb-s2 tuner with the vu+ solo2?
    If not, the gigablue quad remains a good product? In some forums, they say that the video quality for SD video is not very good. As a user, what do you think about it. Moreover can you confirm me that the Gigablue comes with ethernet 100/1000 ?

• you can buy usb2 gigabit ethernet adpaters which should double those speeds if you really need faster than 100mbit lan, if not, your ok.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• Concerning the the ethernet connection of the gigablue (10/100) :
    - rossi : Where can i find the usb2 gigabit ethernet adpater ? Does it works well ? Doesn't a wifi connection N offer more speed ?
    - bacon_&_cabbage : as a user of the gigablue quad, does this product supports the HbbTV ? As the gigablue quad don't come up with Gigabit Lan, is this an major incovenient for hbbTV ?

Thank you for your advices

• what are you planning on doing with the box that you feel the need for gigabit speeds , even usb2 in most cases you never see top speeds the average of 45mbps on storage devices , including external hard drives , 10/100 is sufficient for all streaming the boxes are capable of , just might take a little time if you want to fill the drive with video files if you want to use it as a media player

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!