Duo set up and working seek advice to take things further

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 725 times. The last Post () by bokkie.

• Hello

Introduced myself last week . Received advice on this forum to buy VU + Duo which i did and very happy with choice. Luckily my local dealer installed cccam and channels etc so all i had to do was plug box in and it was all working. I only have dish pointed to 28.2 so only UK channels.

I have been reading the forums and seems i can improve my box with different stuff installed by USB like vix, blackhole images ,new EPG etc .. Has anyone any advice for a good starting point ? Please bear in mind im a complete novice.

Many thanks Dom

• Have a look at the Customised Backup Images in link below, they are tried and tested and will give you a look at what the different images look like and how they work! A normal starting point is the Vix image, for ease and simplicity and Wife Friendly lol

Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Just REMEMBER to do a backup of what is working already! You may need it! Also do a separate backup be it in pen and paper or something else of any lines and the Cams used! Anything else can be put right!

You have Images (vix, blackhole, aaf, vti) kinda like Operatin Systems each with there Uniqueness (EPG is good on Vix for example)
    The Images take Plugins - Applications created to enable them to fantastic things and these are normally in ipk format
    EPG and Channel Lists - Tv/Sat Guides for viewing/recording - Groups and Channels - Always best to keep these up to date!
    (Most Channel Lists, Plugins can be found within the Image feeds and these are always a good place to start)

Start at the backup images and then when you have found a image you like you can either continue to use that or create your own with different plugins e.t.c!

Plugins can be removed (most of the time) from Plugin Menu, and can also be added from there via feeds, anything else is obtaining the relevant IPK file, copying (ftp) to you /tmp directory and install local extension from you Receiver via the Menu! (Or in Vix's Case it will auto detect any ipk's on a USB that you insert into box) so that may be an easier option for you, and another reason why Vix is a good starting point!

Have Fun and post back any issues!

REMEMBER BACKUP ALL INFO BEFORE PLAYING!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks a lot for the advice glad i asked i nearly started messing about without backing anything up. That will be the 1st thing ill do then ill do some of reading up and have a play around .. Sounds fun any problems ill report back.. Thanks again.

• Hi there again unfortunately im back.

I've backed everything up and now trying to flash a image . Somethings not going right ill explain what ive done so far:

Followed guide step by step from this forum:
    Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
    2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
    3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
    4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
    5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
    6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
    7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instruction

Everything's ok until last step basically nothing happens after i power box back on. Sometimes it says reading USB sometimes not. Tried it so many times last night with different images i wasn't allowed to download any more.

The files inside the duo folder on USB at moment are :

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
    kernel_cfe_auto.bin
    root_cfe_auto.jffs2

Obviously going wrong somewhere but where ?? Any help please ??? Thanks

• There is a chance it is the usb stick you are using to try to flash the new image on, the vu boxes can be a bit choosy that way. Have you got another stick you can try???

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• make sure there are no other usb ports being used while carrying this out...
    All the pointers you have quoted are correct,, so as already mentioned ;
    USB stick isn´t correctly formatted,
    Image is corrupt,
    instead of creating the folders vuplus/duo,
    simply unrar the backup you are trying out and these folders should already exist containing the correct files..

• Thanks Cazuela that worked deleted the folders and extracted straight to USB .

Just chose the 1st image i came across blackhole 2.0.2 . Having a little play around with it now. Any pointers whats good on this image ??

Anyway many thanks for all the help looks like ive got the basics started :}} Cheers

• Ok slight update.

Basically after about half hour i lost all channels just a black screen, could access EPG and menu etc but no picture.

Had to reflash the image which after about 15 agonizing minutes finally came back on.

Now im worried to play around anymore. Is this likely to happen again with more detrimental/permanent effect ? Think ill sleep on it tonight just gratefull to have it working again...Any advice as normal gratefully received. Cheers

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!