Help to config a PC cccam linux server

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,325 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Hello Guys,

I'm a beginner in linux system and I don't speak and write english very well. So my apologies for this...

I have a desktop and I don't use it. It's a core 2 duo, 1GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, and I would like to create a PC Linux server, with no dreambox, only PC server, with a smartreader (smargo or amnikey), to share my satelite card with my family and friends. I read some good tutorials in the forum but I would like to be advised by the more experienced membres. Waths the best and simple tutorial for the beginners? Don't forget I'm a beginner in this system.
    What's the best linux: ubuntu or debian?

Thanks and best regards. :haha:

Reddevilch

• The best is Ubuntu, try to download the server version 12.04 32bit in iso format, burn that in cd und make the installation, it's very easy, and after search hear in the forum, you can find one automated script oscam_ccam with the tutorial.
    The same script install also the needed programs for the server and all drivers for smargo.
    In this section you can find some material for that, you need many time and interess to learn.

• thanks erasmus for your quiclky answer,

what's the best smartreader: smargo or omnikey?
    If i want only share with my server i don't need a connnection with LNB, right? but if i want to share and also watch the channels in the server i need a tv board with tv tuner in my PC, right?

thanks

• M8 as far as I understand you, you want to setup a linux server that just reads your card and give out shares to your family. Thats fine you don't need a dish or lnb for that. As long as your family have a dish looking at the satellite that your card is for. If you want to see channels then you will need a dish pointing at the same satellite. (as you have a card I assume you have a box and dish) You say you don't have dreambox but want to add tv tuner in server? I think you would be better off getting a cheapo HD box and accessing that through the web interface if you want to watch it on the PC. As far as smargo or omnikey goes it's down to personal choice I use two smargos on powered hubs and they are fine, some people prefer omnikey. Hope this helps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!