Advice for OSCAM location

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,056 times. The last Post () by mucker.

• You need to post an introduction buddy so we can know a little bit about people we are helping. It all depends on what you want it for. How many peers, local cards, you Internet etc

• Thanks mate. I did introduced myself. My peers aren't much. Just planning to use within my old colleague. We're about 30 people. I've a local card and valid subscription. What I wonder is my internet aren't that speed. Just 512KBPS. So what will be better option. As far as I go through VPS don't cost much. Just around 40USD/month and that's definitely acceptable for me.

• An old pc as a server would suit your needs. But your Internet speeds could cause problems. I don't use VPS myself as I have less than 20 people on my sever (including cacheex) would it not be more fisable to change Internet provider?
    For myself VPS cost outweighed the benefits.
    But I hear good things about it, if your local is 0963 (slyuk) I would think twice before signing up for VPS

• For your info, I wont be around at most of the times and can be said I barely stay at house. So taking a speeder internet plan wont be a beneficial act for me and also what if power supply cuts for a while and the computer goes off? In case the OSCAM didn't boot correctly then I'll have to go back to house and reset everything. For these reasons I said VPS would do the job better. It is accessible through my Iphone and no internet/power supply/over heat problems. Am I right?

• Finally, I've got a solid opinion. Thanks for that! And here comes the tricky part for me. I tried to use the Automated installation script as a trial to master the installation process on my laptop. Everything is fine and cool! And I guess I can install the same in VPS too but how am I going to connect my local card to the OSCAM on VPS? Sorry for asking noob questions as I'm totally new for all this.

• Either way you need a "local" pc for your cards then that sent to a VPS oscam, you can also ftp and ssh into the "local" just the same you would on a VPS so that closes that chapter of not being able to do that :)

me myself would use a local machine and a vps in a perfect world

so yes use a vps and for oscam you dont need owt fancy at all even 40$ is ott id say a 10-15£ pm vps is perfect

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!