Foreign Satellite, whats actually available worth watching?

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,829 times. The last Post () by chucknorris666.

• Having come to find out about the recent changes in Sly UK's cards etc.. I notice a few people saying - the best stuff to watch is on foreign satellites anyway, get a motor. I know about Diseqc but never really figured what would be worth watching which wasn't being broadcast on 28.2°.
    Being English speaking, and not wanting to watch content in other languages, what exactly is this 'best content' and which Satellites are being plugging into to watch it?

Maybe if there really is stuff to watch worth going to the trouble for, I may have to start investing in some motors or something!

Any info would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

• 28.2 Asrta is the best but there is also good satelites, packeges. My favourites are at 23.5e (Hbo, Travel, NG, Discovery all Hd) you can change the language to English. 19.2 Astra (Sly deutchland, Digital+, a lot of Hd)' 13e Hotbird (Sly Italy, Al jazeera sports, N***, Orange).

My advice to you is to buy diseq motor and explore all the satelites.

• 28.2 Asrta is the best but there is also good satelites, packeges. My favourites are at 23.5e (Hbo, Travel, NG, Discovery all Hd) you can change the language to English. 19.2 Astra (Sly deutchland, Digital+, a lot of Hd)' 13e Hotbird (Sly Italy, Al jazeera sports, N***, Orange).

My advice to you is to buy diseq motor and explore all the satelites.

yes me too not expensive and lots of movies and stuff available in english

Vu Solo2 1.1m dish from 42e-30w

• There is a lot of equipmnet on the market, especially in Uk and Germany. I think that satelite dish should be 1m and made from aluminium to avoid rust. Amiko satelite dish 60 eur. Inverto single lnb 10 eur. Amiko satelite motor diseq 50 eur (it's very important that the bearings in the motor are made from steel). Quality coaxial cabels and screws for mounting around 20 eur.
    I think this is reasonable price to pay for the sat equipment and you have it all.

• best motor technomate tm-2600 will turn most dishes works great for me best budget dish id say triax 1.1 works great for me best lnb id say inverto ultra black bit more but well worth it i get every satellite with this setup some of 7e some of 26e only but all the rest very well 5e is at 60-70% but you can still watch it as low as 45% , and youll need and 18inch t&k bracket £160 the lot well made investment and thats for edinburgh lower down youll do better

• I'm using an nearly identical setup to stevejo

Dm800se - 1.1 Triax - hh motor - Dual inverto black LNB !
    with really great signal receptions except 4w/7w & some 26e here in N.E uk

My favs for plenty of English speaking channels is... 0.8w/4.8e & 23.5e

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• best motor technomate tm-2600 will turn most dishes works great for me best budget dish id say triax 1.1 works great for me best lnb id say inverto ultra black bit more but well worth it i get every satellite with this setup some of 7e some of 26e only but all the rest very well 5e is at 60-70% but you can still watch it as low as 45% , and youll need and 18inch t&k bracket £160 the lot well made investment and thats for edinburgh lower down youll do better

tm2600 is one hell of a motor ,,,a 1 meter dish is sufficient,,,,,black ultra lnb,,,,,,,,plenty of choice out there....

yup totally agree, the TM2600 is a cracking motor and it wont break the bank either.

as for the best satellites, well it's been a while so not sure but 30 west used to carry a lot of english and american channels and shows, in fact at one point my dish was permanently parked there for well over 2 years.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Why don't you visit the sponsor I got a Technomate 97cm Motorised Solid Satellite Dish Pack everything you need for £115 delivered.

It came next day and only took a few hrs to set up, I now get most sats available except 7w an 26.3e :)

• Where abouts in north west r u pal, I'm from north west by the lakes and can not get any channel whatsoever on nilesat 7west can you get this sat mate?

If your in the north west then you should be able to get Nilesat 101 on 7° west and Atlantic Bird 7 on 7.3° west as well as Badr4 on 26° east and the Nordic beam on 4.8° east on a 1m Dish, obviously depends on dish size quality of dish cable and LNB used and also lets not forget line of sight.

• If your in the north west then you should be able to get Nilesat 101 on 7° west and Atlantic Bird 7 on 7.3° west as well as Badr4 on 26° east and the Nordic beam on 4.8° east on a 1m Dish, obviously depends on dish size quality of dish cable and LNB used and also lets not forget line of sight.

The only ones I can not get is 7west 7.3west, can pick up some channels on 26east at certain times of the day but very poor signal. :(

I have a decent line of sight,
    97 cm Technomate solid dish,
    Technomate TM-2600 motor,
    Inverto Black Premium 0.2dB Lnb,
    And High Quality RG6 cable.

7west was the main sat I wanted to pick up when buying the motorised dish as it has lots of free movies :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!