Foreign Satellite, whats actually available worth watching?

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,828 times. The last Post () by chucknorris666.

• Post #12 in this thread is his setup buddy. Think I will be making a purchase :)

Me too if It will help me pick up 7w :) he has a 1m orbital dish? What's the difference between this one and the one I have and how can it give much better reception? I always thought that most of the uk needed at lest at 2.4+ size dish to pick up 7west?

• I can receive FTA JscSports on 26e
    But none of the other JSC Channels with my 1.1triax !!!

Yea there is a couple of FTA channels I can receive at certain times of the day but still poor signal (pic breaks up) so I don't bother,

And as for 7west I was up the ladder with a sat meter for over a hour and could not get anything :(

Is a couple of FTA channels I can receive at certain times of the day but still poor signal (pic breaks up) so I don't bother

Exact Same issues here bud with my setup !!

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Exact Same issues here bud with my setup !!

Its a sham really as 7w and 26e have lots of FTA channels usually 1st release movies etc. A friend of mine told me if I wanted to pick them up in north uk I'd need at lest 2.4meter dish :( and the misses would go nuts if I put one that big up lol

• It depends on local planning laws, some councils allow upto 1mtr dish without planning permission, but this can vary from area to area. It's not uncommon to see the use of 1.5 mtr dishes by certain peeps, who are shall we say not locals.

• If your not picking up at least Atlantic bird 7 on 7.3° west on a 1m even up to the border of Scotland then there is something a miss with your setup and it either needs re-aligning or you have a line of sight problem, also on a 1m you should be picking up all channels from badr4 on 26° east the reason you need a 2.4m dish in the UK for 26° east is for reliable reception of badr5/6 with a 1m no chance but everyone should be able to pick up the MBC channels on Badr4.

The lowest size dish i have had 7.3° west on in the north west is a town called Bolton where the Guy had a Triax TD88cm dish and Black Ultra LNB with good quality Triax TX100 coax not cheap grade RG6 and this lot pulled in around 600 channels on his Gigablue 800 receiver. Also had a Chap in leeds on a 1m picking up 7° w and 26° east no problems.

The Guys having problems with picking these up in the north west should seriously have a look at there setups.

Regards

• i have a 1m down in wales with a black ultra i can pick up 7w and 26 e but i get pixelating in the day on 26e but in the evening i dont have any and any cloud rain 26e then its poor, 7w fine though

• I get badr4 on 26e on my td110 with inverto black in west midlands. Mbc2 11.919h. Currently on my blade showing as 70% quality and my usuals needs tweaking.

I also get 7.3w top movies HDTV etc no problems 24 hours a day unless bad weather etc.

• Thanks for this mate done some realigning over the weekend turned out I was slightly out , managing to get most channels on Atlantic bird 7 still quiet a few that I can not get tho, Mabi look into some better cable and new Lnb, getting 89% snr on top movies tv since having a mess about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!