Classifieds [buying/selling] on the forum.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 985 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• I noticed that some members have been ripped off by another member.

Could the Admin open a paypal account for members to pay in to when buying something.

Once the funds are sent and the seller notified, they can then send the item(s), and when both parties are happy and items received, the payment is then forwarded to the seller?

May sound like a bit of added work, but it would keep the forum and it's members trustworthy.

• This wont be a good idea as will involve fees for money transfers and leave admin to sort out the battles :thumbsdown: rather use ebay or gumtree as you never know if someone here is after your or other members detail for other purposes if you dont trust or know dont buy

• We have already now got measures in place to make it more difficult for fraudsters to operate, however whatever measures we put in place, the possibility of being ripped off always exists, as is the case for all buy/sell sites, and considering this is only a small section and not the main topic of the forum, the staff can't really be responsible for any act of dishonesty. Ultimately, any deal that is done is between the two parties i.e. the buyer and the seller, and that includes the risks involved.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• paypal have a pretty decent complaints and refund system. I recently got ripped off with a UseNext Trial that ended 7 days early and they took the yearly payment before I could cancel the trial. I spent 2 days explaining the situation to UseNext and the basically said Tough Luck. I explained it to paypal resolution centre (or whatever its called), the money was back in my account the next day..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• As long as the item is not paid by PayPal gift you are quite well covered under PayPal.

All the gift part does is ensure the seller gets the amount he is asking for after PayPal have taken their cut. If i am buying stuff off forums i usually get the seller to send me a PayPal invoice including the PayPal charge. That way it keeps everything above board. Only pay by PayPal gift if the seller is known to be trustworthy and has been on the board for a long time.

Be very wary of people who have just joined and have very few posts that are tying to sell stuff. I'm not saying that newbies are dodgy but it does increase the odds of being conned.

I had to use PayPal to get my money back on a faulty receiver sold to me by a well known satellite shop. They point blank refused to refund my money unless I dropped the PayPal claim against them. I continued with the claim and i did get my money back after the shop had received the POS i had purchased from them.

It pretty much shows that you can't trust anyone these days.

Nano

• You can also raise charge-backs/disputes via Visa/Mastercard, as a disputed transaction, I have used this a couple of times in the past.

You can also use Netteller, who provide you with a real card and a 'virtual card, the virtual card allows you to make transactions online then when you are done, you can cancel the card and make a new one.

Certain fees apply for use of some services, but I don't seem to have paid more than I would with any of card provider.

If anyone is interested, I will refer you as a friend. The 'perk' which is minimal is -

BONUS PROGRAM. NETELLER will add 20% of your referee's first deposit amount to your NETELLER account, up to 16 EUR. Your referee will receive 10% of the amount they first deposited to their NETELLER account, up to 8 EUR.

Files

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Paypal is not as helpful as peeps think, I got ripped on flea-bay for 25 squids and I got a £1.48 refund as that was the only available money in the rippers bank account!

• Thats why i always have Paypal take funds from my Credit card, that way i am protected by two financial institutions.

Nano

• Id also like to suggest that once a sale has been completed/the item sold and the thread closed that it is moved into a separate or sub-category, so that at a glance can see which items are still wanted/for sale.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!