DrHD D15 review

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,166 times. The last Post () by rumpole.

• I got this receiver for feed hunting. The good news is the receiver is sensitive and can blind scan feeds with low symbol rates. I would like to replace my Technomate TM6900 with this receiver as the picture quality is excellent. NTSC transcoding works perfectly.

The big drawback is that moving the dish without going through 3 layers of menus is not possible which makes moving between satellites frustrating. The buttons assigned to moving the dish having pressed the blue button may work for one pulse, send your dish flying across the *** or mostly, not at all. I have contacted the manufacturer about this and they assure me it will be fixed.

The second big drawback is if the blind scan does not find a signal straight away it will wait two and a half minutes before scanning. Once it does start scanning it is very fast and you can choose increment intervals. The manual says you can choose to scan low medium or high symbol rates. Not so. This facility is not written into the software as yet.

This receiver is, at present, a bit of a mixed bag but could be a great receiver with some attention from the software engineer.

• Basically i agree, though can help with satellite selection, just press the "group" button you will see the all and list of satellites go up or down to the satellite you want press ok on it and hey presto !

• Basically i agree, though can help with satellite selection, just press the "group" button you will see the all and list of satellites go up or down to the satellite you want press ok on it and hey presto !

thanks for the advise. I am using a Fibo 120cm dish controlled by a Vbox II. Unfortunately it rarely arrives precisely on the satellite and so I have to fine tune to peak the signal. I was hoping that by pressing the blue button I could use the signal peaks to do the fine tuning. This method worked well on the TM6900.

• i find the dr hd d15 a great box and it has no problem on my v-box
    it hits the target everytime and at the price it has to be my best buy ever
    also for anyone who needs it there is a new patch 113p but iv'e no info
    about what the patch fixes etc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!