I guess you have heard this a million times

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,783 times. The last Post () by bubbastunna.

• Hi all!

Its about time I have found a proper card sharing forum. I know the thread you are about to read has most probably been asked a million times but I just cant seem to find the answers I need!

Well I get straight to the point and hopefully someone will be able to assist me on card sharing.

I would like to set up card sharing for my family I am rather clued up on the installation and config of applications in both windows and Linux.

If you could answer the questions below;

1) The preferred operating system
    2) How it all works e.g do you need to connect your sly card to your Linux server and do you need to connect a signal from a dish?
    3) what sort of internet connection do you need at the host server ( I assumed the better the quicker the decryption would be)
    4) Is there a maximum amount of remote boxes one single server can handle.
    5) What software would be used for a stable server

I hope I have managed to get my point across and any information would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

• Hey buddy. Ok first we need to know a little more about what you want to set up. This would give us a good idea on what things you would need. How many users roughly do you plan to have? As there's a few different cams that you can use. CCcam/Oscam works very well.

You would need to have the card in a card reader attached to your server. (No need for say feed into sever)
    Have you got a base system already? If so we can point you towards some auto install scripts and tuts for Linux dedicated servers

• brendanj9554,

Thanks for getting back to me, well as I am doing this for my family and close friends I would estimate to be in the region of 40-70 boxes max!

As for the card reader would you have any recommendations? I don't have a base system currently set up but was wondering on the spec needed and also internet connection needed for this type of traffic?

Cheers

• Official Post

1) The preferred operating system
    2) How it all works e.g do you need to connect your sly card to your Linux server and do you need to connect a signal from a dish?
    3) what sort of internet connection do you need at the host server ( I assumed the better the quicker the decryption would be)
    4) Is there a maximum amount of remote boxes one single server can handle.
    5) What software would be used for a stable server

1) The preferred O/S is linux, either ubuntu or debian its your choice, try this guide it shows all steps / tools needed to get started here --> http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-1-3-install-package.html..
    2) Sly card connects to the linux server via a cardreader like ominkey or smargo, i recommend an omnikey.. The server doesn`t need a signal from the dish, only a connection to the router..
    3) Minimum connection depends on how you use the bandwidth, downloading, gaming etc, with a fast connection you will be able to do all these things without the clients viewing being affected..
    If you download on a slower connection ( 1mb ) the client will experience picture freezing..
    4) Depends on what software you use and how you configure it, the more you add the less stable the viewing for everyone becomes.
    5) The link i gave you above has all the software you need to get started buddy..

Thanks for getting back to me, well as I am doing this for my family and close friends I would estimate to be in the region of 40-70 boxes max!

You either have a big family or a lot of friends. 40-70 boxes is a little overkill for friends and family for a beginners server, it would also be untenable as one card would not handle that many requests.

I also would say you are not aware that because of Payserver activity $ky are currently in the middle of changing the pairing sequence between the card and the $ky receiver, so even if you did set it up, it would only have a short life span anyway.

Nano

• Hi nano!
    Cheers for getting in touch. You say sly are currently changing pairing sequence, does this mean it won't work again through a Cs server?

Also thinking of it 40 was rather a overkill the most concurrent connections would be around the 10-15 mark as I would be putting a few boxes at my place in another country.

Also what wound be the best FTP program to access a f3 box

Thanks for the advise

• Official Post

Cheers for getting in touch. You say sly are currently changing pairing sequence, does this mean it won't work again through a Cs server?

Correct it won`t work, once the card has been paired to the $ky receiver HD, Sport & Movies no longer will work in another receiver / Cs server..

Also what wound be the best FTP program to access a f3 box

STBHD Lan Memory Manager Tool

• i have just been reading this thread. i wonder when this will happen.....august nodoubt lol i wonder what will change and if we will have to put our cards back into receivers to get whatever update they are applying?

guess will have to wait and see what happens. all good things dont last forever, but when 1 door closes, usually another opens......lets hope so

• Just out of curiosity why would you say August? And agreed with as on door closes another one will open... I would assume the software would be able to get around the new pairing system

• Its rumored to be hardware paired so i wouldn't get your hopes up too much. If it was the case and it had been figured out we would also be watching Dolce, OTE and Total TV at this moment in time. All three providers have been black screened for as long as i can remember due to the same issue.

If its a success i should imaging uncle Rupe will do the same with $ky italia and $ky Germany.

Nano

• Thats not going to happen, The Australian Toss Pot is going for World Domination.

Soon its going to be, Planet Earth, Sponsored by $ky :bello:

• Right, I have managed to get all the bits together to set this little experiment up between my family and friends. As for the card sharing side of things I have purchased the reader recommended above. As for the *** card I want to keep my existing hd box in my main room do I add a multi room to my subscription then ones the guy had been to install it just take card and put it in the card reader? Will this work? Anything I need to do as I read that once the card goes in the box it then won't be any good in the card reader? Any help would be great

Cheers

• As soon as the $ky engineer activates the card it will be f**ked for CS. He will update both boxes and card whilst he is there.

Nano

• Hi, so how do the vast amount of people manage to get around it? Some are saying about going online and re-paring it through the website whilst it is in the card reader?

• They have managed to get round it by not putting the sly card back in the original box ever after this new pairing method was introduced. But in some cases even this has not proved to be successful.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!