How can I change mac address?

There are 60 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,820 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• what did you save the file as and how did you place it??

thanks

• Hello. I have opened a file in notepad and named it "ma" with the quotes. In that way it will be saved as a file and not as a notepad file. Find your mac address with the program uploaded on page 1 here, and after the ether word on the third line posted above, write the exact mac of one of your boxes and change the last 4 digits.

• Sorry. For the second question. I have downloaded flashfxp, found my vu ip address, logged in, and went to network pre-up. Its in etc/network. Open the folder network pre-up and put the file there. To change attributes, after you put the file in pre-up folder, right click and change attributes.

• I will get back here in about two hours from now to help if you dont succeed. I have tried every and any way on the internet. Trust me . It will work.

• Ok lets take it step by step.
    Remove one of two receivers.One shouldnt be online while doing this.
    Download the attached file I have uploaded here.
    Your vu is flashed and working now.
    Open flashfxp on pc, connect to vu and double click on etc, double click on network, double click on if-pre-up-d. Transfer the file I have uploaded there.
    Now right click on the file and choose edit (if it asks chose notepad). Change the numbers of the mac address on the file with the same as yours, just change last 4 numbers. If its D1:76 turn it to D3:72
    Press file on notepad and save, NOT save as.
    Now again right click on the file itself and chose change attributes. Change the numbers to 755.
    Now reboot vu.
    Please reply if it worked.

uploading now. unrar it. you wil find a file.

• I have read somewhere that maybe the problem is that the new mac you are entering might not be valid. So if you try again, change the last four letters of the mac randomly. It worked for me on the first try.

• Ive just tried this method.

Firstly it did not work. After a few reflashes of the box. I then tried the other method mention, still never worked.

Tried again then lost all internet connection. Reflashed again.

Tried again with different mac address (last four digits) and it works. I now have the config file that works straight away after a reflash.

Thank you OP and others who contributed to the method. Helped me out

• Hi guys!
    I have an issue with my vusolo V 3.0.I wanted to change its mac adress and I did it but it was a temporary solution.I put a doc in pre-up folder with a txt like this:

#!/bin/sh
    ifconfig eth0 down
    ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:1D:EC:00:2E:CF
    #ifconfig eth0 up
    #touch /tmp/gamotoapoel2

The mac adr changed but when I reflash the box the mac changes to original.Any help please...
    Thanks in advance

• thank you , i had spent 4 hours trying to solve this problem and reflashed my box about 6 times until i stubbled upon your post,cheers

• Hi, thankx for the explanation!

This works on my dm800se for the lan.

But.... how can i do this for wlan?:)

I have replaced eth0 into wlan0 and rebooted but no. The box takes the original mac;(

• Does the method of changing the mac address still work in the image openatv6.4?

I am asking because the last post on this topic is from 2017.

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!