watched and tried Ten Below vid guide, how to install ipk files

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,102 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• How far have you got?? I nearly despaired, (if this is your first time) keep at it, when things get a bit strangled, stop have a cup of coffee/tea glass of what you like and sit down and relax. I ended up using vu+ toolbox, (for loading C**** and stevejo helped me through that. Try different words/phrases if you are searching for guidance. I must have printed a couple of hundred. Put on the forum what settings you have inputted to the box and i'm sure someone will have an answer. i got my box 3 weeks ago and last night was the first time i could really relax.

keep at it, and put settings up on the forum.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Cccam.cfg will be in /etc on receiver or thats where it should go anyway?

If your own about can't find it on your PC lol do a search from *.cfg and it should bring it up if its still on there

If not simple enough create one, do you have you lines saved somewhere use them and create from this post
    http://linuxsat-support.com/cc…cam-cfg-file-newbies.html

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• another tp, i made a New Folder, on desktop, and put all cams, how to setup etc: etc: that way everything is in alphabetical order and easier to find, wel for me it was.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• there's me giving toothfairy advice :bello: and lo and behold what happens, had a clear of pc desktop and binned my passwords folder! then yesterday had to rescue one of my cats, (got 4, 3 siamese and an oriental, which are known in my household as "sillymese's and ornamental") one was behind the unit where the sat, 5.2 amp and all that sort of gear, got stuck. what happens? lost everything on the vu+. started all over again but now back up and running, and better than before. i know this not the place but thanks again to Ten Below for his latest creation.

• We will be needing to have a pensioners corner on the site for you lol , Take my hat off to you though giving all this a go at your age (wont tell ) i feel im loosing the plot some times at my age , its keeping you busy and the more you mess up the more you will learn just dont do it all in the same week :Linuxsat frog:

• I was going to ask for assistance on dowloading and installing different skins. I know I have been shown/told once how to do it, but that was with a different image. Running Ten Below backup 3.0.683, different menu setup etc: but I like it. Downloaded TSPanel, but could not find it anywhere. Then going to vix etc: installed TSPanel now I am a happy soul :trbtjrjq: One question; does it matter how many skins I have within the image?? Like a change now and again.

• boxgott, I think we are talking at cross porposes? I asked a question," does it matter how many skins I have within the image?? " I was not on about emu/softcams, they all work fine. Many thanks for your input though.

• As long as the skin is compatible with the image then there should be no problem to have several skins,,
    some skins ,although compatible , sometimes need to be tweaked/adjusted a little to fit correctly..
    another thing to take into account is compatibility with some plugins,
    you will know right away if the plugin is compatible with the skin..

• Many thanks cazuela for your advice. I am still learning my way around Linux and liking every minute of it. I daresay I will never become expert at it but to enjoy a new hobby and get support for it is much appreciated. Thanks again.

• Many thanks cazuela for your advice. I am still learning my way around Linux and liking every minute of it. I daresay I will never become expert at it but to enjoy a new hobby and get support for it is much appreciated. Thanks again.

Aint no experts that I know of,, only users with more knowledge and experience than me !!!
    knowledge and experience are gained from trial and error !!
    Before you try out anything else, make sure you get a full working backup of your image to fall back on when it goes arseways...

• Agreed with the backup, I learnt the hard way a couple of weeks ago, didn't backup and started all over again. The more I get into the workings of my VU+ the better I feel about adding other software. All in all the Misses enjoys a different TV now and that is important, (after the dosh I have spent), and can see where I was coming from when I decided to go the whole hog and buy a Linux Sat Receiver.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!