VPS and local reader

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 367 times. The last Post () by tommyboy.

• Hey

Just having a little nose around on the forum and looked at people having a Linux VPS and CS from that... but surely you need to have a local card reader attached to the server for this to work? Or have I missed a trick?

Hey

Just having a little nose around on the forum and looked at people having a Linux VPS and CS from that... but surely you need to have a local card reader attached to the server for this to work? Or have I missed a trick?

No, cards will be connected by newcamd usually.. This has a negative impact on ecm times and stability. There is no real substitute for the speed & reliability of a local setup.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Ahh I see... I guess the round trip going from the end user.... to the vps... to the local card... then back to the client... would create a few more ms on the connection. But in saying all this once I have set up my first trial server... I might give it a go... is it hard to setup?

cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!