changing from linux to windows

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 919 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• hi guys,
    have a little problem with my sisters laptop
    it came with ubuntu 11.04 already installed,but she wants to change over to win 7
    i used universal usb installer to run the installation because it has no CD rom
    but the unfortunate thing is during the installation,after copying windows files,it says windows need to
    reboot to continue,but it doesnt continue but starts the whole process again
    what the way out mates
    thx in advance

• You will have to go into the BIOS (Usually F2 at post screen) and select the internal HDD as primary boot device..

If windows was installed correctly, you should get the "Windows is prepairing for first run" screen

If not, do as follows..

Reboot laptop, press F12 (Or whatever option it is on your laptop) to select boot device.
    This gives you the option to select a once off boot device, select your USB stick & hit return..

During the install, delete all partitions on the laptop HDD? There is an advanced option which allows you to do this just before install.
    I have done this many times without having to remove the USB Stick.

Good luck

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

how can i activate windows,was given to me by a friend....better still a link to download genuine version of windows,if there is such

The only way to get genuine is to buy it!

Short of that use this tool to hack it...
    linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/16855/

Dont change any settings, Just run it..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!