'Best' Receiver/What I would recommend.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 878 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• What is the 'best'?

In this instance receiver.

Ive seen this question asked all over 'best' is subjective, what you mean is what is the best receiver for me. To get the most accurate answer, it helps to know what you are looking to do with your box, if the EPG (program guide is important), if you want a twin tuner and so forth.

Ive used the following -

DM500
    DM800se

VU+ Uno
    VU+ Duo

Openbox F3

I feel I could confidently recommend the 800se, VU+ boxes depending on circumstances and budgets, ive been pretty much out the game for a while so some of the newer boxes might be more suited for users.

The more info you give the better the answer you will get.

I don't like the Openbox personally, but my friend has one as a bedroom receiver and that was the best choice for him (money, and purpose of the box), and he is more than content with the role it serves.

This post is prolly stating the obvious a bit, but thought id chuck my 2 pennies worth in all the same.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi Banny,

I have been wanting to ask the question " what is best " , like with anything thing there is a lot of choice and as you said it depends on what you want it to do and how much you want to spend!!!!

this is all new to me and i am learning. I have acquired a Dm500-s what is good to start with and play around with.
    learning to install files and ftp but I want to buy something a bit better what is HD ,Single tuner and to run CCcam on.

My budget is about £100, I am living in Spain and a lot of people are using GI box's (Galaxy Inn***tion) .
    I like the look of GI S8120E model or poss Ferguson Ariva 202e .

do you have any advise,would be much appreciated .

I am living in Spain and a lot of people are using GI box's (Galaxy Inn***tion)

seems that galaxy is using spark....
    http://www.galaxy-inn***tions.…ls/Howto%20manual_eng.pdf
    i strongly suggest you get something a little more hard-weary that can take a lashing ,,
    As you say , you already have a dm500s which will do better that...
    save up a little more and read up others´posts and you will see what has been already suggested...

• The 500 is a great box for starting out, in my opinion.

The best thing to do is ask yourself

Is the Program guide important to you (you may not think so, but when you have an inferior one you will miss it more than you realize in my personal opinion)
    Do you want to be able to record?
    Do you want to watch another channel while recording?
    Look at the features, addons you can Incorporate in some of the better boxes, do you want to be able to make use of these 'extras'?

This is what I would do if I was on the market again? If you have a question about a box ask in the corresponding section.

Buying a box is like buying a car lots to choose from, just because some boxes are different doesn't always make them better (or better for you) and there are some clear 'Porsche' or Lamborghini's out there (yes car models were chosen carefully :) )

Although, even after saying all that, unless you can't bare the SD limitation of the 500 any longer, then id take Caz's advice.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!