sly uk hd new card and box

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,400 times. The last Post () by Madhatter.

• hi all
    i want to get a sly uk sub with hd,i have been reading about how they are making it harder to use on a linux box by tying card to box, my question is how can i subscribe and still be able to use card in dreambox
    i have a uk address and bank i am just worried that they will install a box and card and i will not be able to use it
    cheers guys

• I got a new card for multi room about 2 months ago paird it up to box with call to sly then put it in reader work fine for me and still is

Thats surprising to say the least considering what your box model is but happy days for now.

Luckily in your favor its possible the engineer did not do his job properly by doing a software upgrade on the box at the time of the installation as this is mandatory on every new installation or service call!!! always has been the case although some engineers do cut corners saving time to get home as early as possible....the box could have been in a store for many months...sub contractors which probably installed yours usually collect boxes in bulk so your box could have been on the old software with no receiver id!

Being curious as i am can you check what software your official stb is on for us tho?

Thanks

MK

• You can't use a multiroom card for cs. It has to be in the official box connected to a phone line at all times. They will send signals to make sure this is the case. When they find this isn't the case you will get a warning that if you don't comply then you will be charged the full subscription of your first card. This happened to me, I refused to have a phone line installed to the second box upstairs. So I cancelled the multiroom.
    Bo.

• You can't use a multiroom card for cs. It has to be in the official box connected to a phone line at all times. They will send signals to make sure this is the case. When they find this isn't the case you will get a warning that if you don't comply then you will be charged the full subscription of your first card. This happened to me, I refused to have a phone line installed to the second box upstairs. So I cancelled the multiroom.
    Bo.

i can tell you mate that's not the case, my multiroom box is in loft & always has been but then again i don't have phone line with sly

• i can tell you mate that's not the case, my multiroom box is in loft & always has been but then again i don't have phone line with sly

It's complete luck of the draw, I heard of ppl without boxes connected to phone line for years then out of blue a letter arrives requesting that both boxes be connected to an active landline. Usually it's noticed if you get a service call or calling to book a box office event

• Activating multi-room 0963 cards requires all cards including the main card connected to the same landline with the cards in official stbs at the time of activation..however as stated sly only randomly check certain accounts via an automated callback..many people have had no issues for years but anyone caught receives a letter/email indicating that their mirror card is not sending a signal back confirming its connected to a landline/account and a service call from an engineer would proceed although an excuse such as decorating usually sorts that as long as a callback is made..however any further checks on the account with the same issue would result in a threatening email/letter advising that any mirror cards not properly connected will be hiked up to the full price of the main card its mirrored from.

Thats certainly how it used to work anyway.

MK

• I must be unlucky then.I got the warning less than 2 month after subscribing.Saying that,when I got the second box installed,I was having the attic converted into 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.I told the engineer to put the box in the kitchen but not to install the phoneline extension fully as I would be moving the box upstairs when the conversion was complete.Maybe he left a warning on my account.I would try again but there`s no point if they`re gonna change the security.
    bo.

• Activating multi-room 0963 cards requires all cards including the main card connected to the same landline with the cards in official stbs at the time of activation..however as stated sly only randomly check certain accounts via an automated callback..many people have had no issues for years but anyone caught receives a letter/email indicating that their mirror card is not sending a signal back confirming its connected to a landline/account and a service call from an engineer would proceed although an excuse such as decorating usually sorts that as long as a callback is made..however any further checks on the account with the same issue would result in a threatening email/letter advising that any mirror cards not properly connected will be hiked up to the full price of the main card its mirrored from.

Thats certainly how it used to work anyway.

MK

my 2 boxes are connected to the the phone line have been for couple years now but there ain't nothing in them ????????????????????

• They only realy bother about this in the first year and its very much luck of the draw i cant get multiroom because of this they even advised me you can get wireless and mains telephone adapters when said i didnt want more wires and i would need to source them, so to be fair both sides of multroom haggle are true if you have had it a while your lucky if new your stuck cant see any new multiroom boxes working now anyway even if you try do a self install they need to send you a card

• i've only had a phone line connected once in the very early days soon as the engineer went disconnected the phone line and never had it connected since, and i've moved numerous times never had a phone line connected, never a problem about it, and i'm talking many many years.

up until recently i've had been using a multi room card in the server, it's only this new pairing that's the reason i cant use it now, so if you pair the multi room card to an old SD box as the original card in the server it will work.

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

• Hi all, so are we saying that if someone was to get a multi room subs re started ( old ***+ box) rather than keep it in the sly box put it straight in the card reader and get Oscam to wake it up from retirement? Would this work or still on good?

Thanks

• Just to let you know that sly have now stopped connecting boxes to the phone line as well as multiroom the reason behind this is they now are better equipped to do all testing via updates down your broadband and your sly card number now comes on screen every so often under the logo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!