cccam client connected for over 4000 days

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,748 times. The last Post () by tapfit2004.

• the dm800 server running cccam shows my dm500 cccam client as being connected for over 4000 days even though i've only had it running successfully since january.

even if i disconnect and reconnect it shows the same.

i dont know if its anything to do with it but i've had a few droupouts this evening.

the server is dm800 running cccam 2.14 and client is dm500 running 2.21 (had oscam running on it but it dropped out so i thought it was an oscam problem)

picture below

• It says this because when your box first boots up, it's date is 01/01/01 before it pulls the time and date from a satellite feed. So cccam thinks it's been running since then.
    After a reboot, restart cccam and the uptime will be correct.

• thanks for that, once it doesnt affect the share i'm not too bothered.

i noticed tonight that my ip address (client ip) has changed again. this is the 3rd change this week so maybe this was part of the problem. cant get a static from the internet provider so i'll just have to put up with it or change provider.

• just run a dynamic update client on your internet connection . Ip changes will not affect date and time . As earlier posted the date and time is pulled back via the satellite once a signal is established. Ip changing 3 x a week quite normal with the amount of throttling etc isp's are doing at the moment. Which isp ??

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• upc, theres been no change on the server side for more than 6 months since i started setting everything up. anyway i'll look into what you mentioned above about the dynamic update client when i get a chance over the next week.

thanks for replies.

• It says this because when your box first boots up, it's date is 01/01/01 before it pulls the time and date from a satellite feed. So cccam thinks it's been running since then.
    After a reboot, restart cccam and the uptime will be correct.

Surely it should be 3753 ish days not 4000. Lol ;)

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

• i knew it. its the return of the millennium bug thats causing the glitches, i'll have to get one of them "experts" from 2000 to look at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!