Please Help want step by step advice ?

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,512 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I have recently changed my vu duo to bh 2.0.6 previously was bh 2.0.1
    I have internal HDD Hitachi 1tb, do i need to set up partition as i use to be able to view skins on bh images but my vu duo crashes ?
    I want picons on HDD as i have been told that its better on there how would i do this with fire ftp which is what i use ?
    also have noticed picons available on bh picon packages but they are all usb ?
    Please help ??

• Picons would be better on a usb stick bud, otherwise when you channel hopping the hdd will keep working until you stop flicking....

Using a ftp program you would place the folder which contains your picons named "picon" on your desktopfirst , then copy it over to media/usb if you decide to place them on a usb stick. if you want to go ahead and put them on your hdd then place the picon folder in media/hdd.

All the Picons you would ever need are available here: Picons Download

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Picons would be better on a usb stick bud, otherwise when you channel hopping the hdd will keep working until you stop flicking....

Using a ftp program you would place the folder which contains your picons named "picon" on your desktopfirst , then copy it over to media/usb if you decide to place them on a usb stick. if you want to go ahead and put them on your hdd then place the picon folder in media/hdd.

All the Picons you would ever need are available here: Picons Download

Thanks for reply buddy would i have to format usb in a certain way or just quick format ?
    what picons would you recommend ??

also what about picons already listed for download from vu+duo bh 2.0.6 ?

• gonna look on well known auction site me thinks lol

Beware of cheap ones - if it is too good to be true then it probably is - try writing to the stick (jpegs, vid files etc are a good way to do this) - check for corrupt files - also use a formatting took that has a restore to original size option such as SDformatter. I was once sold a cheap 16gb drive and turned out to be a hacked 1GB !

Do this as soon as you get it, if it is fake then paypal will refund you and you get a free 1GB USB - so not all bad!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Beware of cheap ones - if it is too good to be true then it probably is - try writing to the stick (jpegs, vid files etc are a good way to do this) - check for corrupt files - also use a formatting took that has a restore to original size option such as SDformatter. I was once sold a cheap 16gb drive and turned out to be a hacked 1GB !

Do this as soon as you get it, if it is fake then paypal will refund you and you get a free 1GB USB - so not all bad!

Thanks for that advice think i`ve had one of these will do what you said when this new one arrives went for a scandisk 4GB

• for a couple of quid grab a decent 4 gbs ..(it doesnt have to be that big either)
    and you can map epg to it too....

have ordered a scandisk 4gb usb mem stick hopefully be here soon obviously has to be plugged into vu+duo at all times especcially if i use for epg too , there are more than one usb connectors on vu+duo some at rear just looking lol ??

• Did you mount the usb drive???? press the blue button twice, select devices manager. In here press the red button for mountpoints, then change your usb drive to be mounted as media/usb by pressing the right or left arrow on the remote. You will need to do a full restart after this.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Did you mount the usb drive???? press the blue button twice, select devices manager. In here press the red button for mountpoints, then change your usb drive to be mounted as media/usb by pressing the right or left arrow on the remote. You will need to do a full restart after this.

i put usb at rear of stb have looked in device manager and this is what comes up -

first listed is - USB Sandisk CRuzer Blade size 3.996 GB Mount:/media/hdd
    second listed is - Hard Disk ATA Hitachi HUA72101 Size: 1000.202 GB Mount: Not Mapped Device:/dev/sdb1

( Is That Correct )

after trying picons through FireFTP I tried through bh 2.0.6 picons on vu+duo and downloaded them through vu+duo and they work fine what ones i have downloaded ?

• You have your devices mounted incorrectly...

You have your usb stick mounted as the Hdd, and your hdd is not mounted at all.

Using device manager you can change them very easily.

fI7WHhv.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!