Please Help want step by step advice ?

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,511 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Official Post

could there be anything in fireftp that is affecting bh 2.0.6 and picons from working as they should ?

Nope BH 2.0.6 is rock solid, if you are sure the picons are present on your sandisk usb then enter this in telnet then restart enigma2.

Code
    [COLOR=#979797][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]ln-s /dev/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2[/FONT][/COLOR]
  • Nope BH 2.0.6 is rock solid, if you are sure the picons are present on your sandisk usb then enter this in telnet then restart enigma2.

Code
    [COLOR=#979797][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]ln-s /dev/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2[/FONT][/COLOR]

I have uninstalled or tried to uninstall an addon with addon un install and that gets devices back on devices manager and i can view skins etc on preview but some reason after some time devices are still there as i can hear hdd spinning but they dont show up on devices manager all very very strange

• What is very strange is the way you are going about solving problems lol, mounted or not the drive is going to spin up when there is power to it. Why would skins or addons make any difference to mounting your HDD?

lol i dont suppose it would what im saying is that while trying to install picons and seeing whats on device don vu duo this problem has arisen

• Cant quite understand myself why you are having such problems...45 posts now and still you are having issues...That is strange considering its such a simple task.

I use bh images also..always have and never had an issue like yours carmine. Your missing hardware in the devices manager could be many things but i would check you have updated to rev C and try again.

You can also change your picon locations..for instance at the minute although i know its not advised my picons are sitting in my hdd and thats the location i have set my software to find my picons but that can be changed to usb if i so wish..i use PTS so my hdd is always working anyway so makes no odds really.

• Cant quite understand myself why you are having such problems...45 posts now and still you are having issues...That is strange considering its such a simple task.

I use bh images also..always have and never had an issue like yours carmine. Your missing hardware in the devices manager could be many things but i would check you have updated to rev C and try again.

You can also change your picon locations..for instance at the minute although i know its not advised my picons are sitting in my hdd and thats the location i have set my software to find my picons but that can be changed to usb if i so wish..i use PTS so my hdd is always working anyway so makes no odds really.

Hi Meerkat thanks for your reply, i have also had other images and mainly bh and they`ve been great just very strange how hdd and usb disappear from device manager and only way i have found to get them showing again is to go in addon uninstall and uninstall an addon and that gets them back but doesnt uninstall the addon very very strange.
    I prefer picons in usb much better i use to have them in hdd but use to slow things down lol.
    also not been able to install picons through fireftp but i can through bh picons in vu stb, but thats also hit and miss sometimes it works sometimes nothing :(

not been able to install picons through fireftp but i can through bh picons in vu stb

why not simply use the programmesthat were designed for this task???
    VUCC or DCC ,,
    I would really start afresh from scratch starting with a fresh install of BH 206 and start adding/installing everything you want ..
    I honestly think it would take you less time in the long run....

• you can install oscam ,etc from our addons plugin...
    just take a copy of all your settings.configs,,etc sop you can load them on again
    read this thread : http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=35679
    read this thread: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=32785&page=3
    and dont worry ,,the fun is the learning but 40+ posts about how to get picons working is just too much ....
    you would have had it up n running sweet by now starting from scratch...

• you can install oscam ,etc from our addons plugin...
    just take a copy of all your settings.configs,,etc sop you can load them on again
    read this thread : http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=35679
    read this thread: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=32785&page=3
    and dont worry ,,the fun is the learning but 40+ posts about how to get picons working is just too much ....
    you would have had it up n running sweet by now starting from scratch...

i will read through threads thanks but what im saying is its not just the picons but also prob with device manager sometimes showing devices ie hdd and usb and without me re-booting devices disappear wtf

• BH are usually pretty sharp in updating there images anyway for whatever reason..you have to realise there will be bugs with every image released and we are the guinea pigs which of course we all dont mind as they put all the hard work in..Regarding 2.0.6 i actually ditched it after the first week and reverted back to 2.0.5 but i never had the same issues you experienced with 2.0.6.

I had the odd green screen which was weird considering their latest images from 2.0.1 onwards seemed very stable although i could have installed something that caused that.. and i also had a problem with recordings doing random freezing and stopping which was also weird...both issues ceased when i reverted back to 2.0.5

As i say i never had the device manager issue or the picon issue but i will maybe give 2.0.7 a shot when i get a chance.

MK

• thankyou for your response buddy

• I wanted bh 2.0.6 cause old bh 2.0.1 was out of date but was working a1 silly me lol
    NOt going to re flash as everything works with picons now not disappearing unlike the device manager which keeps disapprearing,
    Can someone close thread unless you think others might find it helpful if they are getting probs with bh 2.0.6 ??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!