Card ended

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 771 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• Recently I put a friends card in my server as his wasn't updating. It was due to run out at midnight and never Recieved any emms. For 20 mins after midnight I kept receiving ecms from the card and found it quite strange then it suddenly stopped. End of card.

Today I rebooted my server and noticed its clock is 20mins slow which would explain the card still receiving ecms after the cut off, so what if I stopped all updates and set the clock to 2011, would this work?

How else would the card know what time or date it is?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• Today I rebooted my server and noticed its clock is 20mins slow which would explain the card still receiving ecms after the cut off, so what if I stopped all updates and set the clock to 2011, would this work?

No that would Definately not work especially with nds..if only it was that easy...As Cazuela has said that will have been a grace period and nothing to do with the time on any server..20 minutes to an hour is about normal for nds cards to stop sending ecms when a card has retired due to lack of payments or a card that has not recieved the correct emm to update its tiers... Some providers send ecms for hours(upto 24h) after the expiry date even when the card reports NO ENTITLEMENTS

How else would the card know what time or date it is?

The card does not need to know what the date and time actually is because the card has already been assigned a unique identity emm from the providers database.

What you need to remember also is that all smartcards using a secure encryption will have a (talkback) facilty so whenever the card is online it will send basic data back to the provider even if you are using 3rd party equipment with all(emms)blocked selected..the data sent could be /online check/tier date/tier authorisation checks////other nds providers like *** italia may also be sending ecm recieved checks incorporated with emm not recieved checks at the same time.

However a cards talkback can be disabled including tier alteration providing the encryption has been compromised..unfortunately very few encryptions are open these days and you can definatley discount such attempts as far as videoguard is concerned.

MK

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!