Newbie - help

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,097 times. The last Post () by jimmmmm.

• Hello

I am in the process of buying a VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver + VIX image

What i am after is all the sly channels + HD and some additional sports channels so that i can get the 3pm kick offs.

Once i get the box - is it just a matter of plug it in and thats it - or do i have to do something additional...?

Please help before I invest ?

• All possible on that box however most of the 3 p.m. kick offs are on a different satellite to *** UK (except Setanta Ireland) so you will need a multi satellite set up.

• All possible on that box however most of the 3 p.m. kick offs are on a different satellite to *** UK (except Setanta Ireland) so you will need a multi satellite set up.

Thanks Jimmmmmm

I think maybe diving into a multi satellite operation could prove a little much at this stage but if I wanted to get all sly channels + HD and setanta - what would be my next steps after taking delivery of the receiver?...So basically - I want to maximise what I can do with just the Sly dish I already have to begin with.

• You will need to install a channel list, you can use auto bouquet maker in vix for this. Softcam as stuff.hunter said then setup cross epg for the programme guide. Just ask on here or look at the various tutorials around for help.

Also, any particular reason you are opting for a duo 2 if you just want to use sly uk?

• CS stands for ****Sharing!

So if you don't share your getting into it for the wrong reasons!

As stated anything is possible, but sharing is caring!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hey Jimmmmm

In regards to going for the VU+ reciever...I am trying to make a future proof purchase as possible...something I can expand on after I have learnt how to do the basics...

• Hey Jimmmmm

In regards to going for the VU+ reciever...I am trying to make a future proof purchase as possible...something I can expand on after I have learnt how to do the basics...

Wise move :) you won't go wrong with a vu.. not tried the duo2 but if the solo 2 is anything to go by it will be a brilliant box.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!